am i wrong to not talk to her?

vlhs004

my gf and I broke up aour 4.5 months ago(were together for over 2 years) and it was ugly . . basically broke up with me for no reason and started dating someone she knew i hated about a week later and was over at his house the night after we broke up . . .so what im asking is . .. i tried to get her back for about 2.5 months and it was no use . . .ive dont the NC since the middle of june and she has sent me 2 emails, 3 texts, a phone call and a voice mail and also sent me a message on our 2 year anniversary that said "today was 2 years . . . incase you forgot" . . . . i have no responded to anything and i was just wondering if i am wrong to do that? . . .im really angry about what she did to me and i dont really want to talk to her because it wouldnt work as friends . . .but i still find myself feeling bad about not even letting her know how i am . . is this wrong or am i right to do this?

AriaIncognito

If you are doing what you feel is best for you, then how can it be wrong? You don't have to worry about how she feels anymore, she lost you. You need to use this time to be selfish, and move forward. :-)

Jennifer

No, it's not wrong. You don't want to talk to her, so don't. You've already made it clear that you don't want to talk to her by actually not talking to her. If you call her now, she'll think you want to talk to her.

Keep it up, you don't need her.

There was a reason for the breakup (otherwise it would not have happened) but it doesn't matter anymore. You are well on your way to recovery.

It will be much easier for you if you don't read her emails and don't listen to her voice messages. This is OVER. She is gone. And she is abusing you by not letting you heal after she unceremoniously dumped you and started sleeping with someone immediately.

If you continue to read her emails and listen to her voice messages, you run the risk of letting her selfish manipulations "get" to you and make you feel guilty. And the guilt you feel makes you call her.

So this is why I counsel not playing that game. It will keep you emotionally "hooked." Take the next step of NC and finish this thing. Do what she doesn't have the EMPATHY to allow you to do: MOVE ON and recover.