this sucks.

silentcharon

silentcharon

I'm in bed right now, resting. I hurt everywhere and I feel so tired. I've been in bed for about two days now, I'm looking forward to being able to get out of bed soon. It's been exactly two weeks of NC, now, I feel really, really lonely.

I think it's because I can't do anything other than lie in bed and go to the kitchen occasionally to eat or drink. I wish I could go outside and work in my garden, or do something to stay busy to keep my mind off everything, but I can't. I'd be risking another ms attack if I went against my doctor's orders.

I am wondering how I am supposed to cope when I have to stay in bed, I can't even get out of the house right now. Would anyone have any ideas of what I could do? Nothing strenous, I just need something to do!

is there anyone who can bring you some magazines or books? Especially anything with more inspirational content, or subjects that really interest you. Something that will get your mind off thoughts that are painful.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. Wishing you the best.

• Author
silentcharon

Mmm, movies sound really good. Is there any movies that you'd recommend?

Blah, I've been reading all day, my eyes are getting tired, lol. Do you know of any inspirational books that are good? Yes, I have people to help me out, but that's just me, I hate depending on people so much right now. That's something I also have to come to terms with, sacrificing some of my independence :(

• Author
silentcharon

I like anything, with the exception of foreign movies. Personally, I like action movies, less talk and more action :)

As for books, I like to read anything. I love reading, so throw some titles out for me!

I like anything, with the exception of foreign movies. Personally, I like action movies, less talk and more action :)

As for books, I like to read anything. I love reading, so throw some titles out for me!

My fav fantasy writer just put out a new book. If you have lots of time on your hands, try Katherine Kerr's series, starting with Daggerspell.

Don't worry, its not super nerd fantasy (can't deal with that stuff), it's actually very well written and very character driven. Light Celtic/LOTR elements. And there's about 13 books in the series right now which would keep you occupied for a while.

How about a Bond movie marathon? Roger Moore is so OTT.

How about a Bond movie marathon? Roger Moore is so OTT.

Oh my fav. Roger Moore? Connery!

Go for Dr. No, Goldfinger, Thunderball, and my fav, Diamonds are Forever.

Bond is good but I tend 2 put on some die hard or 24 as you can just sit back and enjoy the explosions or do some popcorn and watch the extended LOTR!

In terms of reading, I was given 'the time traveller's wife' it is mindblowing but be careful because it is very emotional and soppy - all about her waiting her whole life for him to come back. I found it really cleansing as I read through the tears!

Good luck, and take care. I feel for you.

• Author
silentcharon
My fav fantasy writer just put out a new book. If you have lots of time on your hands, try Katherine Kerr's series, starting with Daggerspell.

Don't worry, its not super nerd fantasy (can't deal with that stuff), it's actually very well written and very character driven. Light Celtic/LOTR elements. And there's about 13 books in the series right now which would keep you occupied for a while.

Ah, nah, I can't deal with the super nerd fantasy stuff either- my favorite authors are terry brooks and tad williams. Very good books, very well written- I'm a fan of the LOTR, it's probably why I like those authors. I wish our world were more magical... sigh. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Author
silentcharon
Bond is good but I tend 2 put on some die hard or 24 as you can just sit back and enjoy the explosions or do some popcorn and watch the extended LOTR!

In terms of reading, I was given 'the time traveller's wife' it is mindblowing but be careful because it is very emotional and soppy - all about her waiting her whole life for him to come back. I found it really cleansing as I read through the tears!

Good luck, and take care. I feel for you.

I have heard that the time travellers book is really good, I've been intrigued to read it for a while now, I'll definitely pick that one up.

I'm not a huge fan of bond movies, I think the series are ok. Have you seen 28 days later? OMG, that movie is sooooo good, I love it! Be warned, it's very creepy, though not as creepy as the ring movie was. Anyone a fan of scary movies?

• Author
silentcharon
do you own a laptop and a wireless internet connection?

I used to play World of Warcraft. lol. It's crazy but it's addictive and fun.

Nope, my desktop comp is hooked up in the next room next to my bedroom. I like to play video games, diablo is one of the few games I have on my comp right now :)

Comedies! Laugh therapy!! Works like a charm :)

I watched Red Dwarf over and over again, until the videotape turned into a blizzard.

I must have been really sick.

Nope, my desktop comp is hooked up in the next room next to my bedroom. I like to play video games, diablo is one of the few games I have on my comp right now :)

OMG, I was such a hardcore Diablo II addict back in the day.

Ah, nah, I can't deal with the super nerd fantasy stuff either- my favorite authors are terry brooks and tad williams. Very good books, very well written- I'm a fan of the LOTR, it's probably why I like those authors. I wish our world were more magical... sigh. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you like LOTR at all, and you can stomach Terry Brooks level fantasty, you'll really like Katherine Kerr I think.

I think the only Terry Brooks book I read was his book about writing called "Sometimes the Magic Works" which is a good read as well.

Read East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It's a tome, but it's incredible and you won't be able to put it down. Besides that, it offers incredible insights into human nature.

How about Spanish???? It is so much fun and there is a website called Learn Spanish, A Free Online Tutorial.

I have leaned some from that site and also bought books at Barnes & Noble with spanish lessons...then occassionally I will turn on a spanish station on tv , listen to latin music to see if I can understand ..LOL....

Another suggestion....crossword puzzles....they make the time go by so quickly besides leaning new words etc....and takes ones mind off other things.....good luck..!!:)

• Author
silentcharon
OMG, I was such a hardcore Diablo II addict back in the day.

If you like LOTR at all, and you can stomach Terry Brooks level fantasty, you'll really like Katherine Kerr I think.

I think the only Terry Brooks book I read was his book about writing called "Sometimes the Magic Works" which is a good read as well.

Damn, we have a lot in common! Our exes, sailor moon and diablo... what's next????

I'll definitely check her out, I'm constantly on the look out for new writers so I can get addicted to more series! Then I'd have to buy a new book shelf for my new books, I swear I have a library at my house!

• Author
silentcharon
I watched Red Dwarf over and over again, until the videotape turned into a blizzard.

I must have been really sick.

Hehe, I was a huge fan of the xfiles- and I had the foresight to tape EVERY espiode because I knew that someday they'd sell movie sets of them. What do I know, I watched them so much that the tapes literally fell apart. You're not alone... :laugh:

• Author
silentcharon
How about Spanish???? It is so much fun and there is a website called Learn Spanish, A Free Online Tutorial.

I have leaned some from that site and also bought books at Barnes & Noble with spanish lessons...then occassionally I will turn on a spanish station on tv , listen to latin music to see if I can understand ..LOL....

Another suggestion....crossword puzzles....they make the time go by so quickly besides leaning new words etc....and takes ones mind off other things.....good luck..!!:)

I got crossword puzzles down, I've been doing them forever. Sudoku puzzles are also one of my favorites. Oh god, I'm such a nerd!

I could learn languages, though it isn't really my thing, especially when I don't really know anyone to practice it with in real life. Plus with what I have, my memory gets really spotty so I can't remember much unless I study really, really hard. I'm due to start school in a month, so I think I'll have my hands full by then, thanks for the suggestion though :)

Read East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It's a tome, but it's incredible and you won't be able to put it down. Besides that, it offers incredible insights into human nature.

Ahh, a book at a time, or rather, a writer at a time. :lmao:

Thanks everyone for their ideas, and Ls is where I also go to when I want to kill time, it sure is addicting :)

Can you do a craft? like your own art therapy. Always makes me feel better. Have someone go to the store and get some kind of silly ceramic figure and some paints. That is easy, cheap, and fun. And, If you don't feel better later, you can have fun smashing it !! ;)

Thanks everyone for their ideas, and Ls is where I also go to when I want to kill time, it sure is addicting :)

You have no idea what you just got yourself into. Strap in because it is going to be a long ride.:laugh:

Welcome to the shack. This is indeed the best place to kill time.