How long is the recovery period?

I just got left a bit over a month ago, so I know I've got a long way to go, but I was wondering how long the recovery period usually lasts. I guess there's no specific timeframe, right? It ends when it ends. But if some of you could share how long it's taken you to get over someone and how the process went, or if some of you have seen some friends through this, could you please comment on the length and process?

I know it helps me to know that it will get better - but this is also my first time in the dumpee category, so I'm new at this, and it would help to have a sort of vague "roadmap" of what awaits me emotionally.

If it helps, I've known my now ex for two years, one as friends, one when we dated. It's funny because prior to this relationship I was with a man for over seven years, and I broke up our engagment, although in many ways it was a mutual decision, so it wasn't that hard on me. And yet this relationship, which is considerably shorter makes me feel so devastated. *Sigh*

I know the feeling, but you cant put a time frame on these things.

For some, like myself, i took me 3 and 1/2 years to get over my ex and it was because i met someone else.

And then, i have a friend who was over it in a month.

There will come a day when you wake up and you'll realise your ready.

How long is the recovery period? ...hmmmmmm...I'd say FOREVER!!

nah, just kidding. it's different for each person. I'd say it depends on how much your heart was invested into this relationship. Still if you have healthy self esteem and strong mindset bouncing back may come easier...haven't ran into that mythical person yet.