Treat Yourself Well

stronggirl

I think this is one of the biggest keys to coping. Take that thought energy that you are using to think about your ex, and put it into thinking about something you could do to treat yourself well.....

Today I:

~bought myself a sexy short skirt from Patagonia

~took time out to spend with two good friends (one is also going through a breakup)

~took a cool bath (it was 100 degrees here today!)

~gave myself a facial peel and coated my face in aloe

~lotioned my body

~painted my nails

What have you done to treat yourself well today?

(guys and girls alike)

dividebyzero

yesterday i went for a bikeride of ~7hrs, round a lake and up into the hills. the views were absolutely breathtaking, and for the first time since my gf of 4.5yrs broke up with me (3 weeks ago) i was truly happy to be alive and on my own again. at one moment i even was so euphoric that i screamed "freedom!!!" :)

in the evening i was so exhausted that i've slept for 9 hours straight, something new to me since the breakup.

i think i'm gonna go on such rides every week now. it really helps me "find myself". additionally, it's very healthy :)

• Author

That's great dividebyzero! Get out and treat yourself well by doing the things that you love...keep up the good "me" work! Friday I hiked up a volcano to 12,500 feet and skied down, so i know that type of "treating yourself well" too. more power to you!

:)

I bought myself a some new threads at Belks. Went for a walk. Met some of my new neighbors. Talked with some old friends...

Still feel like s*** though.... I should be getting over this by now...

My love has moved 1000 kms away last week for 2 yrs and i am feeling very lonely.

I found this community and thought of sharing my views and helping people out.

my friends were kind enuf to take me away for a half day trip out of the city to remote villages in the countryside . it was a lovely trip

ALso bought a lot of music cd's , books to help me out ...