How to get over this?

Anyone have any good books that they've read to help you gain back the confidence you lost as a result of a breaking off relationship? I'm having a hard time dealing with someone that I was dating on and off and now it's finally off and I am fearful I will never meet someone else. I know I shouldn't have these thoughts but I also know they are a normal part of the healing process. It was just a really hard situation to begin with and it's even more difficult getting over it. We had met via the internet. He was very eager to meet me and I was wary of it at first. I wish I had gone with my instincts and not agreed to ever have met up with him then or I wouldn't be hurting so much now. :_( Well we met up, things were great for the first month and then all of a sudden he started pulling away. Then he told me that he got freaked out and that he couldn't give me what I wanted. So we agreed to just be friends. But as many of you may know if you ever tried to become friends after you were dating and then broke it off just because someone couldn't commit, it never works. He would tell me not to give up on him and that he just couldn't commit because he was busy. I now know that that is not the case. I finally got the truth out of him that he had reconnected with a friend from college even though he was telling me all through this time that he cared about me and didn't want me to give up on him. I know he was stringing me along and it hurts I believed all his excuses because he seemed sincere and genuine.

I'm having a hard time letting go. I get sick to my stomach that some other girl is with him. I keep having to hear my one friend tell me "well you don't want to be that girl and to have to put up with his crap." But that just doesn't help. It just makes me feel worse. I think about why couldn't I have been the one.

This is so hard. :_(