Cannot Wait for Today to Be Over...

2020vision

2020vision

Ok, everyone bear with me please. I am having a rough one today. It is my birthday and all I can think about is all the past bdays and how special my ex made them. Its depressing to me that I am not even interested in my own birthday. And whats worse, my ex will probably not call me today. Which is a good thing, and I can guarantee that I would not engage in a conversation with him, but it would be nice to know that someone cares, ya know? Someone besides my mom that is.

I am going over to my mother's house and she has made me a cake and dinner..But this really sucks, it hurts like hell. I hate how someone can make a day so special for you, but when they are gone, its the worst day ever.

To top it off, no one in the office has remembered that its my birthday. NICE.

Best Wishes,

I know how you feel. I just had a birthday AND mother's day... not terrible, but not the same as my exH used to buy me tons of stuff...

My kids bought me a few nice things with money I gave them... hmmmm

It's not the worst thing in the world to go out and be good to YOURSELF!

Go at lunch and buy yourself some flowers, and a few gifts (you will get what you actually want this time) he he...

Put the flowers on your desk and tell everyone you bought them to celebrate your birthday!

Nothing wrong with that!

Happy Day to you! Now go be good to yourself, honey!

Happy bday!

Here have a Vienna Finger cookie, it is part of my dessert from lunch.

• Author
2020vision

:) Thanks Everyone!

I want to take the rest of the day off, go get a pedicure and manicure and junk like that. That will probably put me in a better mood. However, work is insanely busy today.

Here have a Vienna Finger cookie, it is part of my dessert from lunch.

Thank you! I have decided that I am eating whatever I want today! lol I already ate pop tarts and had a mountain dew...what a combination huh?

Happy Birthday 2020! :bunny:

Take care of yourself honey. You are the one person who will stick by you.

I learnt that you gotta learn to rely on yourself to make yourself happy.

I also learnt that mothers tend to be the one's who always stick around, no matter how bad things get, and no matter how often things go bad.

Happy Birthday 2020!!!

I've been on my own in the past for birthdays. I have 3 older brothers I don't speak to (it's a long story), my father passed when I was 23 and I look after my 81 year old Mom. I got to the point that when I knew I was spending a birthday on my own, I always bought myself something. I didn't skimp either (I thought I was worth it!!) One year I bought myself a brand new set of golf clubs. I know it's not the same as sharing a birthday with somebody you care about and cares about you but, I tried to make the best of it. This year my ex took me away for the weekend. It was really nice eventhough she drank too much the night before my birthday and spent my entire birthday in bed puking all day!! (maybe it wasn't that great?). I took care of her and I felt bad that she was so miserable. Anyway, I think you should buy yourself something that you've wanted to get for a while and haven't yet. Spoil yourself a little. I hope your day is special and you end up enjoying yourself!!!

All the Best!!

GW

KittenMoon

Happy birthday 2020!

Try to feel a little good- I know how hard it will be. I will be "celebrating" my 25th on Monday. I am sure it will involve lots of tears and wondering if I will get any acknowledgement from the ex. My guess is I will get a email that reads: "happy bitrhday". Short, mispelled and sent as soon as he gets into work, just to show he acknowledges the fact that the last 6.5 years we spent together existed.

Ok... moping.

Happy birthday to you, I hope you get a little niceness out of the day. Buy yourself something nice to make up for the crappy gift your ex would have gotten you. :)

• Author
2020vision

I think it just sucks knowing how much he never really cared, and obviously still does not. I mean, last week he calls out of the blue just to be a jackass, then when its a day that would actually make sense and show that he really cares just a little, he does not. That is what hurts the most.

But, I am trying my hardest to not think about him and the Tiffany's jewelry I would get every year on my bday...:(

Perhaps I will buy myself some Tiffanys! Not the same, but it should do the trick.

KittenMoon
I think it just sucks knowing how much he never really cared, and obviously still does not. I mean, last week he calls out of the blue just to be a jackass, then when its a day that would actually make sense and show that he really cares just a little, he does not. That is what hurts the most.

But, I am trying my hardest to not think about him and the Tiffany's jewelry I would get every year on my bday...:(

Perhaps I will buy myself some Tiffanys! Not the same, but it should do the trick.

I don't know- it's hard as well to know that he cared A LOT at one point, for years in fact, and then wonder why it all just went away over a few months.

The day you sit back and smile because you feel just how fortunate you are to be free of him will be the best present you'll ever receive for yourself.

H:bunny: ppy B:bunny: rthd:bunny: y!

• Author
2020vision
The day you sit back and smile because you feel just how fortunate you are to be free of him will be the best present you'll ever receive for yourself.

H:bunny: ppy B:bunny: rthd:bunny: y!

Happy Bday 2020! :bunny:

stay the course. ;)

Thanks for the encouraging words. No one said that this was ever going to be easy, because there is no easy way out. I was not going to post today, but am now very glad I did!

That IS a better present than some freakin jewelry!

sick of it

birthdays are one of the hardest things to go through.

surround yourself with the one the you love and love you and have a happy birthday

• Author
2020vision

Just wanted to say Thank You for everyone that sent me happy birthday wishes! It really means a lot to me. I actually ended up having a pretty darn good bday! I went to my mother's house and had a good evening. And, both my brother's called me, which was heartwarming (they live across country)

Thanks Again,

Just wanted to say Thank You for everyone that sent me happy birthday wishes! It really means a lot to me. I actually ended up having a pretty darn good bday! I went to my mother's house and had a good evening. And, both my brother's called me, which was heartwarming (they live across country)

Thanks Again,

Happy bday + 1.