Sitting at my desk at work, crying

MissTiss

This just sucks. I am sitting here at my desk crying my eyes out and trying to hide it from everyone. As luck would have it, I don't get much traffic in and out of the office I am in but now my shirt is tear soaked, my face is puffy and red, and I have gone through around 10 Kleenexes. I have already gone to the bathroom and cried. I feel like a complete idiot.

I am doing no contact and have resigned myself to the fact that my relationship is over....but this is ridiculous.

fabulousgal

don't worry, i did the same thing for a long time. its hard. write your feelings down whenever you have them. i carried a journal with me into meetings even, and if i got emotional inside i would jot down a few lines of what i was thinking. I went into the bathroom and cried every day for a few weeks. its fine. you are grieving, get it all out. and allow yourself to do it.

i after weeks of feeling sad, abandoned and depressed...suddenly felt angry. at the person who left the relationship. i quit blaming myself, and focused the energy in the right direction, to the person that lied and left. its a much more empowering feeling, but don't rush it, you need to go through this to let it go.

stay strong.

• Author

Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it and even got a little teary because someone was being nice to me instead of telling me to get over it. I am not a get over it type of girl.

Good advice on the journal. I will go out and get one tonight. Thank you!!

Been there done that... still have a few tears left me thinks. Imagine the IT Director of a corporation, sitting in his office with tears streaming down his face.. sobbing. Its ok. Theres times when I have to just let the tears go and others when I have to choke them back... You WILL feel better.. it just takes time.

KittenMoon

I'm in the office near tears as well- actually flirting on the edge of an anxiety attack and I have barely been able to eat since yesterday. I hope time cures this- I hope. But rest assured some of us are in the exact same place you are.