Coping

2020vision

2020vision

For once, I am posting about something other than my ex (but, I will get to my ex in a minute)

So, my birthday is coming up and shortly after is my best friend's birthday. I have posted about this before, in another forum. My best friend died about 2 1/2 years ago. There are two times a year that are hard for me: her birthday and of course, the anniversary of her death.

She was everything to me and I watched her die right in front of my eyes, a lung disease took her life. Its so hard to imagine that she is even not with me anymore. I guess missing her, kind of puts all this crap that I go through with my ex into prospective. He is a POS, not even worth missing, the way I was treated.

I also have discovered that maybe the reason I put up with all his crap, was because I latched onto him at such a difficult time in my life. He replaced the closeness I had with my best friend and became my new best friend. But, a best friend does not treat another like this. My ex helped me with missing her. He used to talk to me about it, console me. This is especially hard for me this year because this is the first time that no one is here to wipe my tears and listen to me. So thank you for reading this. This probably a turning point of sorts, but it sure hurts like a b*tch.

Warm Regards,

I understand your pain and feeling of loss for someone so near and dear to your heart. I also understand how feeling the loss of your friend is entwined with the combined emotional throes of cutting yourself off from your ex, a loss of a different nature...so you are getting double the impact.

As Rio, once eloquently (as she also is) pointed out how beautiful it is to cry.

Some people are more deserving of those tears than others...in this case your dear friend deserves your tears and I think she feels your love as you shed them. Your ex is here and despite your expressions of sentiments because yes he was there for you, this is the same person you noted as treating you like crap. Stay strong and remain open to your feelings, don't feel despair that he is not here...talk to your friend I am sure she will always be with you in your heart and she is listening.

Brittanyjean06

Your friend is much more worth missing than your ex, if your ex is treating you like crap..than you need to try to let go

You said you latched on him maybe out of a feeling of emptiess due to your friends death. I can only imagine having someone so close to you die, and I am really sorry you feel that way, but you are coping with that...you know she could be in a better place. Sometimes there are things you never get over, things that you always feel in your gut...but time will pass to where the pain is not as crucial as it was.

:-( hang in there