Bliss ignorance?

What do you prefer?

Knowing what you're ex is up to, even if that means finding out they are with someone else, or not knowing anything at all?

If I'm at a stage of needing answers, then knowing what they are up to helps put things into perspective and forms answers.

If I have answers and things to work on for myself, then ignorance is bliss after that.

My personal means of handling that is, once I've made my decision to cut and run, the dust behind me doesn't matter.

Nor does whoever is left choking in it.

-Rio

What you don't know won't hurt you. But then again "knowing" allows the construction of such painfully evocative online journals.

regards

My_Other_I

They are called ex-es for a reason, right?

What my ex is up to is my ex-concern.

Don't care.

I wouldn't want him to know what I've been up to, either. It would be a bit stalkish of him to try to find out.:sick:

you don't ever want to know, trust me. ask yourself this......what would it solve by finding out what my ex is up to?

if you can come up with a good answer then go ahead, but i'm wiling to bet almost nobody can.

I suppose since I'm not making any efforts to find out what the ex is doing I'm a bliss is ignorance gal. I've been (-) this close to picking up th phone or contacting him. But the biggest hold up factor for me is finding out information I don't want to know or need to know. It would screw me up. Of course time is relevent here...five years from now I can't imagine that it would matter. Soon I'll say 2 years and as I get better eventually 1 year from now news about him will mean piss. But for now I am just about healing...Why screw it up for myself now by opening Pandora's Box?

My_Other_I
I suppose since I'm not making any efforts to find out what the ex is doing I'm a bliss is ignorance gal. I've been (-) this close to picking up th phone or contacting him. But the biggest hold up factor for me is finding out information I don't want to know or need to know. It would screw me up. Of course time is relevent here...five years from now I can't imagine that it would matter. Soon I'll say 2 years and as I get better eventually 1 year from now news about him will mean piss. But for now I am just about healing...Why screw it up for myself now by opening Pandora's Box?

In Sync,

You've been through so much! Just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you and it's good to see you still around and going strong!

Would it not help you get over someone more if you find out they are with someone else?

I am in this position - My ex is asking me and I am lying and saying no ... We have a son together and I know he will cause hassle if he finds out!

Would it not help you get over someone more if you find out they are with someone else?

I am in this position - My ex is asking me and I am lying and saying no ... We have a son together and I know he will cause hassle if he finds out!

Your situation I feel is delicate as it involves your child's father, your ex. I don't know how old your child is, but if he/she is at the age where they let slip something about mom's bf could be awkward and therefore create tension. As far as your ex is concern he might want to know who is the guy you are bringing around your child and what type of character he is. Just as if it were reverse wouldn'y you want to know what kind of woman your ex is bringing around your child?

In general it's a personal choice...if my heart were less invested in the ex, or I straight up hated the ex...that too could determine wheter knowing about them matttered. But when the heart was invested so dearly it seems like just another wound to heal. The initial cut was already inflicted by their leaving....

I would prefer NOT to know what my ex is doing because I'd hate to hear any good news. I know it's horrible, but after what he did to me, I wouldn't be able to stand hearing about how he's going to run the same game on some next broad, or how his life has improved without me. At the same time, I don't want him to have a horrible life- I just don't want to hear about it.

I choose ignorance everytime. The imagination is a powerful thing. It can offer up your worst nightmare or your happiest dreams.

I'd prefer to think that my ex was sat alone in a dingy flat, chain smoking cheap cigarettes, drinking lighter fluid with a razor blade to her wrists and regretting having hurt me.

But she's not. I know the truth and she's having the best time of her life. Ignorance is truly bliss, at least for me. The truth hurts more, because I am having the worst time of my life.

BUT she IS my EX and what does it matter to me, to you, to anyone but her who she sleeps with? And there's nothing I can do can change that.

What do you prefer?

Knowing what you're ex is up to, even if that means finding out they are with someone else, or not knowing anything at all?

I've been going through this over & over again. To keep my sanity..not knowing, but to keep from thinking if there might be a chance, wanna know.

I wish I could say it would be better not to know. But curiousity always sets in! I don' t WANT to know, but I feel it would make it easier to forget him.(or who am I kidding?) I'm going through the same thing. I almost NEED to know so I can understand why we broke up!!!!