Am I stupid?

So my ex and I broke over a year and a half ago. I still have strong feelings for her. Best connection I ever had with anyone sexually and mentally. She was 11 years younger than me.

Anyway, she started dating another guy almost immediately after we broke up. But she still emailed me occasionally telling me how she was doing and would ask how I was doing. In the beginning I didn't respond. Now over the past 6 months I have I have been started to respond. Her and her boyfriend broke up I guess around Christmas or so.

I think the main reason she still emailed me was to keep a pulse on my life. I don't think she was entirely happy with the new guy. She would say things like I was to good looking to be single and that she was about to break her new guys heart like she did mine because she isn't like other girls who only care about getting married. She is very career oriented.

So I asked her to lunch. Just as friends. At first she said no because she wasn't sure she wanted to see me after all that has happenned. She said she still had some resentments about the way I treated her. Which was bs because she always told me I was the best BF she ever had. She broke up with me because she said that we were just to different.

Well I asked her to lunch again and she said yes and would let me know when. This was over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from her since. I even emailed a couple of times. I'm mad at myself for still pining over her and staying in contact. I feel like an idiot. I guess if I could meet someone else that I like I would be able to move on. I haven't been able to though.