What made you fall in love?

NightsInWhiteSatin

NightsInWhiteSatin

Last night, broke down had another cry found myself wishing to fall out of love with him. Then i started thinking of the reasons i fell in love with him started wondering if everyone falls for similar things in people etc...and i thought it'd be interesting to ask you all why you fell in love with that special person?

Really, falling in love with someone is mostly a chemical thing. But I can tell you some of the things about him that make me admire and love him long after the honeymoon period has been over.

1. His unbridaled laugh. He laughs HARD at things that I don't even find funny, but it makes me smile to see him laugh.

2. He is one of the kindest people I know. The very first time I went to his hometown, on the very last day of our vacation, he went over to his friend's mother's house (his friend was out of state) and raked the leaves in her yard. Another time he gave to stranded foreign exchange students that he had never met before a ride back to the state they had come from.

3. He's hot. Enough said.

4. He has a passion for life. He does very little half-assed.

5. He respects me and supports me in my decisions. He never fights dirty.

6. He loves knowledge. He reads all the time and if you've got a question about a topic, he usually has read something on it. Sometimes this drives me nuts, but most of the time I think it's great.

7. He's very intelligent. He's finishing his masters this summer, which he has done while working 40 hrs a week as well. So, let's throw hard working in the mix too.

8. He's loyal. He is still best friends with friends from high school, and I honestly believe that he would do anything for them.

9. He's good with his hands. I mean he works on cars!! Get those nasty thoughts outta here. (although, that too!)

I could go on, but I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now, so I'll stop.

quankanne

He is one of the kindest people I know

his pretty blue eyes and sweet accent hooked me, but his kindness and caring are what have sealed the deal these past 18 years. He's the ONLY person I completely trusted with my mother, and I come from a very large family!

another thing that has impressed me over the years is that while he left high school to join the military, he's got this fascination for just about everything, so he knows a lot of stuff. Especially when it comes to mechanics and engines, which just confuse the heck out of me – I can call him, imitate the sound my car (or someone else's makes), and 8 times out of 10, he knows what the problem is and how to fix it.

he also has beautiful manners. Don't know if that comes from being the only son, with having parents who drilled them into him or just the southern hospitality thing, but it's something I appreciate greatly. Especially after dating men who were like bulls in a china shop when it came to interacting with people.

her arms

her voice

her smile

her legs

her eyes

that way she looks

the way she thinks

the way she looks when she thinks

they way she smells, must be her hormones passing thru me. ;)

I dunno.. maybe the fact that I never wished I would fall out of love with him.

KittenMoon

The fact that he never seemed hung up on a girl's looks only, and that he made even my flaws seem beautiful. His constant cheeriness and affection. The fact that I trusted him almost as soon as I knew him, which is a tough thing for me. His cuteness. His bizarre brand of intelligence and enthusiasm.

I wish I could stop loving him....:(

etherealism

oh god, I was just thinking about this ... all the while trying not to.

lemme get my oil changed, have a good cry, and get back to you on this later today

KittenMoon

I think this question is an easy one- the thing that's been eating me alive is when I ask myself why he fell in love with me, and stayed with me for over 6 years? What did I bring to his life? How did I improve it? Why did what I bring STOP being worth it?

honeybunch2k5

He was so funny. I loved his sense of humor.

He had the warmest brown eyes.

He understood me.

He didn't judge me

We had similar interests and backgrounds. We enjoyed doing the same activities, movies, some of the same music,etc. It got to the point where sometimes I would think something and he would say it.

He had a firey nature that I loved-I'm a more passive person and I loved his assertiveness.

Dumbkid06

we had the same sense of humor. When you can tell a joke and only that person gets it in the crowd. its makes them seem special to start. She was beautiful, very smart, and drove a nice car which is how i met her in the first place...

Curmudgeon

We'd been friends for five years before I asked her out. We were in the same profession and I respected and admired her. There was an obvious spiritual connection. She was kind, intelligent and fun to be with. We shared similar childhoods (military) and had the same values. She was close to my age (two years younger) and we experienced the same societal changes, music, and historical events. We had enough differences to keep things interesting and exciting and we were made for one another!

Art_Critic

This is an interesting thread.. what an insight into the mind of women..

Mushy..

RecordProducer
Magda, how can you fall in love with someone because you don't want to fall in love with him? It's like saying you started eating because you didn't want to stop eating. :laugh::p

Can you please elaborate, girl? :)

I fell in love with my husband because he fooled me and trapped me into it! :lmao:

He's energetic, passionate about life, cheerful, sexy, kind, classy, successful, self-confident. Oh and he's so good in bed! :love:

KnowHowLoveFeels

Actually, the moment for me was when we kissed (and him holding me so tight). It is so corny, but up until then, it was just admiration on my part.

And yes, I wish we've never kissed.

I must sound sooo lame! I've only kissed 2 men, and I ended up marrying one of them and then, there's him, the one I'm in love now. I am so pathetic. You know, sometimes, I think that all I need to do is to kiss more men!!! (But I won't do that. It's out of character for me to do so.)