I Feel Gutted

The past two days. Just sad and lame. No women in my life. It's really getting to me. I don't have the kind of social life that makes it easy to meet people. I'm not really shy, but I'm not out doing stuff all the time.

It's just getting to me. I don't get no satisfaction. I'm not just talking physical either. It's just connections.

I need to get my head straight again.

KittenMoon

That's the feeling, isn't it johan? Gutted. That's the description I kept coming back to in my breakup.

Sorry you feel like that- I understand about the connections too. We all want to feel that feeling that we're on the same plane with another human being, or more that we're existing onthe same wavelength. I feel like it's been a long time since I felt that, even surrounded by friends.

Try something new. Can you take a class, join a club, etc?

Alexandra

Wow that's out of character. And it won't last for long. I won't give you a huggy post, you would probably hate that.

I'll just remind you that you're a smart, proportionatedly sarcastic ;), funny and (despite you trying to hide it at times) warm man in his prime. I'm positively sure both new friends and a woman (or rather several till the special one) would feel fortunate to have you in their lives. You just need to get out there more. And I don't mean the bars only either, if it's in town or online, just let more people get a taste of you and you'll be juggling friends and potentially interesting women in no time.

That and I'll get my PM priviledges soon hence you'll be too busy to mop around :lmao:

Sorry you're feeling that way, Johan. Happens to everyone at one time or another. Makes you appreciate the better times to come. Keep your head up!

I know exactly how you feel. Since my breakup all I've just spent time on school and my computer (im a computer engineering student...makes it even worse). At school its hard to meet people because all my classes are filled with people like me, sort of shy engineer/nerd types. Needless to say my classes dont provide any way to meet women.

I feel like I need to get out and explore the world, smile at people, strike up random conversations with strangers. But everytime I feel like doing it I get too scared, I can't even force a smile out. I was not like this before the breakup, I think i got robbed of my self-confidence, and again I am scared of facing rejection (something that will remind me of the breakup).

In the meantime, my ex has been spending a lot of time rediscovering her old bestfriend, and has met lots of people in the process...this just makes it 10x harder for me.

You're not alone.

Life is all about the experience is what I keep telling myself...how will I enjoy it without being bold enough to crack a smile? I think its time to get out there and go wild :)

kitten chick

I don't like to make generalizations but women don't like men with crooked heads. Might I suggest seeking out a nice llama?

• Author
I don't like to make generalizations but women don't like men with crooked heads. Might I suggest seeking out a nice llama?

A llama will straighten my head? Tell me more!

• Author

Some things set me off. I butted heads with some guy at work today who is always trying to tell my team how to do our jobs. That was unpleasant. And there was this new really cute girl who I quickly figured out was married with a new baby and that made me jealous. And another semi-slutty cute girl who always makes me think of how great it would be to... you know. Then there is this other girl who isn't even that hot, but just has good style and really great skin and that makes me want to... you know... And all the time I think of my ex and I miss what I thought we would have some day. And I wonder if she's making some guy happy like she never did me. And we're moving offices and I was finally going to ask out a girl who works where I'm leaving (wouldn't do it before because of my office romance rule), but this week she's on vacation and so I won't have the chance. And so on... it seems like there are pretty women strategically placed so that they pop out when I'm feeling most desperate and lonely. Which is not all the time, but it's like they are all little hammer blows driving me deeper into the ground. Then I have negative thoughts about who the hell am I going to meet and how, because my life is so full of routine and solitude. All these thoughts race through my head all the time and I'm still not strong enough to deflect them.

That's my story. Thanks to all who replied, because it was nice to commiserate with some of you and get support from others. My future is just waiting for me and I don't know what it is. I hope it's a good one.

westernxer
And another semi-slutty cute girl who always makes me think of how great it would be to... you know. Then there is this other girl who isn't even that hot, but just has good style and really great skin and that makes me want to... you know...

Yes, I do know.

The girls in the other offices are even hotter. Elevator rides are never boring.

And I wonder if she's making some guy happy like she never did me.

I wonder if she's making someone as miserable as she made you.

Odds are pretty good that she hasn't suddenly become a better person. Stay the course and act in a way that will make people proud to know you.