6 wks

Today is 6 weeks. I'm missing him a lot right now. I have plenty going on in my life that keeps me busy, yet the mind is an amazing instrument... I can be involved (talking) on a conference call here at work and my mind *still* finds a way to think about him simultaneously.

We don't share the same friends so I will never know what is going on his life. I'm usually really good about keeping the focus on me, but I do also have the wish/hope that he is working on himself as much as I am working on myself. Even if the end result is we are better people for other people and not each other.

f***.

I miss him.

KittenMoon

Right there with you shelters. It's been 6 wks since I last saw my ex, 2.5 months since the whole thing started.

It's ok to miss him. I miss him too. We're just going to go on missing them until we don't.:(

etherealism

I just hit the 3 month mark ...

2 months was my last contact with him when I wrote him an email and txt msged him to read it. except for that NC has been enforced

I went on vacation for a month to clear my head and get away and just got back 2 wks ago ... eh I was miserable on my vaca

our best friends are married. sometimes I have to mentally prepare myself in the off-chance I'll see him if I go to their house. and in doing so I get a little excited, feel like I just want to get it over with, and then the let down of "oh I didn't see him".

... and sometimes its like the 4 of us having a direct / indirect conversation with either 1 or 2 parties missing

I think you should be so lucky as to not have any common friends. I find myself feeding off any information or tid bit I'm given.

I still miss him. sometimes its better ... and then lately its been pretty damn sucky.:(

KittenMoon

I think you should be so lucky as to not have any common friends. I find myself feeding off any information or tid bit I'm given.

Amen, to that. My ex and I were part of a common group which he has now apparently ditched completely, though no one seems to know why. He's popped up once or twice to basically confirm he's alive and let them know that I "need them more right now". Yeah, ok. Once again, he's utterly devoid of how rejected he's making people feel.

This weekend is going to be interesting (scary) as our mutual good friend is having his bachelor's party, which will be attended by another mutual friend who is flying in from Michigan after moving there about six months ago. He and my ex were pretty close, and if he avoids THIS friend, well, it might just be the final nail in the coffins of friendships.

On my end, I have to avoid him, and talk of him, all weekend as best I can.

etherealism

you think he's avoiding his/your friends to avoid you?

sometimes my friend and i used to joke that my (ex)bf and her husband were cheating on us with each other ... they way they hang out just the two of them.

... and when I hear that they're hanging out together or he's over their house - I feel relieved!:sick:

2 wks ago i was at a party, and i asked my ex's friend who i never met (but heard of and just had missed opportunities to meet) if my ex was dating somebody. damn the drinks! then i regretted asking (even if i got the answer i wanted) and said not to mention this. he got this goofy look, like this kid still believes in romance, love, butterflies in your stomach that can't be indigestion, and he says no he can't do that. crap

KittenMoon
you think he's avoiding his/your friends to avoid you?

He has no reason to avoid them. I have been assured by many top physics professors that our mutual friends can exist in any single place with only one of us being present without the other.

But I don't want to hijack shelters thread- sorry girl. Back to you. :laugh:

• Author

No worries, KM & etherealism! ;)

Yeah, I can see how it is much better that we don't have the same friends. We don't even frequent the same places so I never have to go through the emotions of hoping/dreading seeing him when I go out.

I can't even imagine being 3 mos into my break-up. Good luck to you both this weekend.

Cinco de Mayo lands on a Friday this year and I could really use a festive night out. Ole! :laugh: