So she has a mental illness

Two weeks ago my gf dump me. She has a job where she travels a lot and I figured she met someone else. I only had part of the story. The job stress and some issues with her family drove her to a serious mental break down. She spent part of this week end with me and could stop crying every time she looked at me. Finally she explained that she’s been diagnosed manic/depressive and that is why she was acting so strange for the last couple months.

It still hurts that it’s over and I’m sad because I know she’s got to go. I am part of the problem for her (of course forgiving the cheating would be almost impossible to forgive as well). However I feel a lot better knowing that I didn’t do something wrong. I thought she had met someone else and fallen out of love with me. I was feeling sorry for myself. I was having those “I’m an ugly unlovable troll” feeling. In reality she had an “episode” that she now seriously regrets. It is unfortunate that someone that I love this much is sick, but it makes dealing with it easier, because… …I didn’t do anything wrong.