B/f doesn't want a relationship

What to do?

What to do?

Hi,

I've been with this guy for what's probably a very short length of time in the big scheme of things, but even so in that time I think we grew very close. We shared everything, told each other everything. Then out of the blue he said that he didn't really want to be in a relationship at the moment. Says he still loves me but doesn't want to be with anyone, just wants to "have a bit of fun" for now. Not sex or anything, nothing more than a bit of flirting or kissing.

Turns out that his last breakup, which I thought happened 6 months before he met me, actually only really happened a few weeks before because they were on and off since then. And then he was straight into a relationship with me. He's also got a pretty hectic life right now. So I accept that he needs space and time.

The thing is, now I don't know what to do. It's not that he's left me for someone else, or even that he's not into me, he's just not ready for a relationship. I want to stay friends, so does he, but every time I talk to him I just realise how much I miss him. He says he just needs to sort himself out, that it probably won't take too long, but how do I know? I don't want to be with anyone else right now, and I definitely don't want to "have fun" myself, that's not me. I really do think we could have a chance when he sorts himself out, so I don't want to cut him off completely. But at the same time I just feel like I'm going round in circles here.

I don't know if this post made sense, I'm kinda messed up right now. But if anyone has any advice that'd be great. Thanks.