The Wedding Situation...

KittenMoon

Ok kids, I was talking to my mom about a potentially bad situation and I wanted to get some feedback here about it.

In two months, two of my closest friends are getting married. They were also close friends of my ex- in fact, we were like dual couples, we hung out ALL the time. Obviously my ex and I were going to go together prior to the break-up, we were even going to go in on a nice gift together, because we were the most well off of our group (together we made more income between the two of us than any four of our friends combined). ANYWAYS, the problem is my ex's female friend, whom any of you familiar with my situation will know I mostly hate to death right now. This girl was supposed to be invited to the wedding, but more because she had become a member of our social group, not because my friends were close to her. In fact, I'm finding out now most of our mutual friends didn't like her at all. So now, she's not going to be invited to the wedding.

I am worried this will create a potential backlash on me when my ex finds out this girl hasn't been invited. I worry he will think it was me who asked them not to invite her (I would have, but it turned out I didn't need to :)). I said some petty and angry things about her after the break-up, although I apologized for them shortly after. She's a manipulative needy attention whore, so she deserves every ounce of what I said and more, but I didn't want to be "that" person. So this is why I worry my ex will harbor some anger towards me- or worse, decide to not go to the wedding at all!

Talking to my mom, I came to the conclusion I shouldn't do ANYTHING. Just stay back and hope if my ex gets upset, he will ask our friends what's up and they will tell him that this girl is just not considered a good friend anymore. Or that he will realize this on his own. Especially since this girl has barely contacted anyone since over a month ago; she's going through her own gazillionth break-up with her bf, moving into a new apt etc. SUpposedly she wants to invite us all over, but as far as I know, no one's interested.

I also worry this will prompt some sort of revenge against me by this girl. I don't know, it's very confusing.

Should I just back off and let events unfold and hope that I won't become a target in this? Just trust my friends to deal with the situation if it arises? Should I ask them to try and make it clear this has nothing to do with anythign I asked for?