feeling terrible

justhavetoletgo

justhavetoletgo

well it will have been a month this tuesday coming up since the breakup. The weekend I've dreaded most from the start is here and I am not having a good time getting through it allready. Tommorow is her birthday.............I already heard from a friend about a week ago she is going out tonight and tommorow as i would have expected. she is turning 19 ( we are young I'm 21 but it doesn't make it any easier for me I think alot of people think just because you are young or this happens to you at such a young age its easier well from my experience its not)tommorow so tonight at 12 she is going out. I always thought that was so dumb when people do things like that I mean they can't wait another day? anyways does anyone have suggestions or had similiar experiences where they just needed to get through a couple days and they would be ok? advice anyone on how to make it easier? I am not going to contact her and wish her a birthday or anything like that...........I was just wondering if annyone has been in similiar situations where the breakup ended up being so close to ones birthday

thanks

At 32 I am a bit older than you, it will get better I promise but it is the worst feeling in the world, rejection, loss of loved one, no matter what age it still hurts the same.

As for tips, the body has to go through the pain to feel better, the grieving is the coming down from hormones. Keep yourself busy, she will miss you too, don't go to pieces, keep going with the 'let her see what she is missing' attitude. And if you find out from people what she is doing, the same people are likely to be feeding back to her what you are doing. Keep your life exciting - take the oppportunity to do something new, even if only to feed back to her that it's her loss!

If you are the book reading sort then 'how to heal the heartbreak' Paul Mckenna is good, also 'the power of the subconscious mind' joseph murphy is excellent. Whilst not specifically about break ups the second book shows you how thinking negatives gets you negatives and how thinking in the right way will get you what you want. A great time to read it.

Good luck anyway.