moving a block from ex

pfeif216

So i know I've mentioned this before on this site but it is now definite...i found a sick deal in a great location and i had to take it BUT he lives a block away and is dating somebody new....we ended things about 6 mos. ago and almost got back together but then he told me he didnt want an emotional attachment at that time(it sucks to know he is now attached w/ someone new).....i really have been doin SO great, im just worried about living so close to him...i mean i think it would be hard for ANYONE to see their first love w/ a new guy but i wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts/advice???

Living it right now (only it's 3 blocks). I am praying she will move when her lease is up next month. It's hard. The whole neighborhood haunts me.

jen_jen_heartbroken

DON'T DO IT!!! Take it from me. I just got dumped by my boyfriend and he lives right next door. Every effing day I have to see his car or his light on, and it drives me nuts. Call the realtor and have them find you something better somewhere else.

Yeah, Jen is totally right. Youll find a "sick" deal somewhere else too. Just keep looking. The "sick" deal is not worth what it may do to your mentality.

jen_jen_heartbroken

Awww. Thanks. (blushing)

I was one of those before. So I've got good practice for the next time.

• Author

omg i wanna throw up...i already committed to it and gave my money in....i thought it was great that i was moving on and i am bound to run into him soon(im gay and everyone knows one another some how), in this city good deals are very HARD to come by and I figured running away from him is NOT the answer, i wanted to face my fears head on....its only 10 blocks from work...i thought i was gonna get support for doin it, ive mentioned it before on here and people told me to go for it....AHHH

Well, babe - then it'll be a definite test - as it is for me and Jen. Make the place a fortress that you can escape to from him.

jen_jen_heartbroken
Well, babe - then it'll be a definite test - as it is for me and Jen. Make the place a fortress that you can escape to from him.

Or take a valium each time you leave the house.

jen_jen_heartbroken

Just make sure your friends Xanax and Jack Daniels don't hang out together, because they don't like each other at all.

Haha - thanks for the advice, Jen. I've posted in another thread that I've stopped drinking until I get my emotional legs back. And am careful not to use the Xanax as a crutch. Only when the crush of work and unpleasant ex-related surprises interfere.

jen_jen_heartbroken
Only when the crush of work and unpleasant ex-related surprises interfere.

Hee hee... if I did that I would be a complete pill junkie.