Unreal

fooled

It's a gorgeous day in Los Angeles. Sunday. My first in town since the breakup. I walked down my stairs outside and was blindsided by the memory of her waiting at the bottom. Of her walking with me. Talking to me. It seems unreal that we've broken up.

Completely counterproductive.

This awful bond I have with her. But I never even knew who she was. Never knew that when we weren't together, she was making plans with other men. I know her better now than when we were together.

I wouldn't take her back if she begged. I couldn't.

And still....

notmakingsense

Hang in there dude. You are doing the right thing by following up your memories/flashes with thoughts about how she treated you badly. By doing that, you are balancing your memories of the good times with the rememberances of why she's not the right one for you.

As time goes on, the brain starts only remembering the good times, and progress slows. Keep putting things in to perspective, and remember that her ****ty behavior towards you is not about you.

• Author

I'm trying to focus on the things about her that make her not right for me - without bringing the cheating and lying into it. Cause why torture myself further?

She's inconsiderate. Irresponsible. Disrespectful. Self-absorbed. An attention whore. A drama queen.

That's stripping her of her good qualities - and she obviously does have some, since I stayed with her for a year. She's the smartest, wittiest, sexiest, most talented woman I have ever met.

So far.

Now see paragraph 2.

She's the smartest, wittiest, sexiest, most talented woman I have ever met.

But don't you know some woman who is smarter than she is?

And I bet you know another who is wittier...

And yet a different woman who is actually quite a bit sexier...

And I am positive there is another woman who is much more talented...

See how you need to think?

What did she give you that no other woman or person could give you?