Friend at work - her boyfriend committed suicide

Milo

A very nice girl who I work with had a bad setback in her young life this last week. Her live-in boyfriend decided to commit suicide. I'm not sure what the circumstances were, but I just talked to her on the phone. She is out of the state with her mother currently. We all had wondered why she wasn't at the office this last week. A lot of us wondered if we would even see her again, and it appears that we will. She says that she will even be returning to work eventually, which makes me very pleased. I had offered to show her and her boyfriend some of the offbeat things about our town that she might have missed, as I have lived here for over 17 years. She was very excited about that. To my delight, she said over the phone, "When I get back, I still want to do all those fun things we talked about." I think she will be fine in the long run. I've heard similar things from friends who have lost loved ones and this is a very good sign. She has tons of good friends in town, too. Many of us will be helping her move after Christmas.

Anyway, not really posing a question. Just sharing. Keep your loved ones close to you this holiday season and take care.

it's good that she still wants to take up your generous offer to discover the town, I think it goes a long, long way in helping her heal.

it's also very heartening to hear that you (and probably your co-workers, too) are rallying around her through this sad experience ~ some places are so big that employees get lost, you know?

Merry Christmas to you, Milo ... and have fun in that 70-degree weather they're predicting (well, at least in my corner of the state they are) here!