Don't get Mad, get EVEN - Revenge Stories on EX's

SMHappyface

When the person you love(d) does the unthinkable and tears your heart into shreds - cheating, backstabbing, insensitivity - it's only natural to want to get revenge. I'm looking for GOOD stories of how you got your ex back for the things they did and pulled it off with your dignity intact?

I'll go first. When my ex-fiance cheated on me, my natural reaction was to cry, mope and just be misserable. But then I decided to get my revenge. Background: My ex was/is very controlling and not much you do is right or you even get recongition for. He insists on knowing what I think on everything and where I am going to be. So the ultimate revenge began - I played it cool and found ways to interact with all his friends. Over the past few weeks I "bumped" into people and let the truth slip of the cheating. If I had immediately called them up and talked to them, they would never have believed me, but this way it seemed so casual, not planned. Suddenly pieces fell into place for them and before long his neighbors, his friends (including his best friend of almost 15 years), even his own family! started to see him as the scum-bag he was. Now he is finding himself very alone with almost everybody on MY side. The other amusing thing is that I've been working out, got my hair done, and dressing really nice, so the few times I have seen him since the breakup his jaw is on the floor. I mean I'm no model, but I am blonde and thin, why not flaunt it? Another thing is I AM back in control - I don't take his phone calls or his S**t, I am not crying asking for him back and I'm moving on. I think it irritates him that I'm coming off as a rose, don't need him and he's left with the mess he created. I think this is better than any hate crime I could've done to him! :-D

Welll I haven't really done anything bad... but I would love to hear the stories of others!!:D

Oops! - I 'somewhat' got revenge on my cheater exbf M of 4 years... when I 'casually' mentioned to him that his friend C was interested in me and had hit on me, upon finding out we broke up. M was FURIOUS!!! He nearly had a heart attack and it strained the friendship b/t him and C (OH WELL - who told him to be hitting on his friend's exgf anyways? NASTY A$$!)

K.

My story's kind of similar to yours, SMHF - when I found out my exH was cheating, at first I (oddly) wanted to protect him. I told my family, and moped and sobbed and wailed, but I didn't say anything to his family or friends, thinking he would at least have the decency not to paint me as the bad guy in the scenario.

But then I found out that he was lying to everybody about what happened between us (saying it was all my fault, and of course never ever mentioning that there was another woman - or if someone knew already, he said it was a one-night-stand instead of a year-long affair).

Well, I wanted the truth to be known. So...I called his mom. She and I had been close (and she said she had been really confused about his version of events, since it didn't make sense) and I told her the WHOLE story, which she promptly shared with the rest of his family, who then ostracized him. He moved out of state shortly afterward (and told me in an email that it was all my fault, I drove him out of our city by telling them what he did. Um...you're the one who did it, a**h***. All I did was tell the truth.) :)

OK, my only excuse for this next bit is that I basically lost it for a little while: right after I first found out, I asked him to go to marriage counseling with me, and he agreed. But then he took off to stay at the other woman's house for a week (she lived with her parents)and wouldn't return calls to schedule counseling or talk about the marriage. I was furious, because he had agreed to go to counseling and work on the marriage, and then this? Also, although he said her parents knew the whole story, he had said that before about his own family (see above) and anyway, I couldn't imagine that her parents had a clue that he was actually married and would be okay with that.

So, since he wouldn't call me back, I called her parents' house and asked to speak to him. I got the OW's mom, told her it was his wife on the phone, and that I'd like for him to call me, please. Then I called the OW's cell and left a message, telling her that I'd spoken to her mom and was trying to get hold of him so have him call me.

He called back five minutes later to chew me out, told me they already knew anyway so it was no big deal and then not two minutes later was all desperate on the phone, saying, how can I go back there now? What am I supposed to do now?

Busted! Idiot.

I co-signed for my x-fiance for us to have a new truck. Shortly later, we broke up after I found he was cheating on me with a married woman. Now, they are married living in the mountains with the truck. Two months ago, I received a letter from an attorney stating that the truck was reposessed. They stated that they can't find his whereabouts and they are going to file a judgement against me, so they can garnish my wages for the next 20 yrs. I filed bankruptcy, because I am a single mother with low but modest income. I didn't give a dang about him for years...until now. I called an old friend, found out that the both of them have been running from all their debt. They only live in places for 3 to 4 months before the creditors catch up with them. Aww...isn't that sad.

Anyways, I told the lawyer's that I was filing, they understood given the circumstances; but, I call this lawyer every time my X moves with his new address. The old friend that tells me my X's current address...is the X-husband...of my X's current wife. (Might need to read that twice)

HAHAHAHA! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Mine may not be revenge, but it did help me feel better in many ways.

The ex used me and I stupidly let her. She didn't want to live with her parents and since she had no money and no job, I let her stay with me. We started seeing each other like we were dating again and everything was great. Then when I asked "where are we" she said "Just friends." I didn't want that so she said "Fine, I'll sleep on the couch."

I helped her get a job so she could move out faster. Two months later, she starts dating another guy. I told her the one rule: "Do not bring your dates here." Well, this guy started picking her up at my place. I caught them this past Monday, he had been hiding around the corner. So I told her "That's it, you crossed the line and you need to be out of here by Saturday."

What's the revenge? Well she absolutely HATES living with her parents because she lived there her whole life and wants her own place and her own life.

She had to move back home. Haha.

I mean, it's not much revenge, but I know how she totally despises living with her parents but you break my cardinal rule while I am doing you a favor and you suffer the consequences.

I was a doormat, I admit it. But putting my foot down and gaining my self-respect back has made up for some of the pain of this relationship.

Now it's on to no contact and her out of my life for good. She never enhanced me as a person, she only drained me emotionally. What a waste of my time!

I actually posted about this a few weeks ago..

Was dating this girl for a month, then on the day we had arranged to meet up for dinner, she dumped me by text message. No explanation, nothing.

I was really upset but I immediately started NC, as I didn't see why I should pursue someone who was so gutless as to break up with me in that way. I didn't contact her at all, and she didn't contact me. A couple of weeks later, I found out that she had located my blog and had read stuff where I had spilled my guts about how hurtful her behavior was to me. I never told her I had a blog but she had gotten the info out of a mutual friend of ours.

I didn't understand why she would dump me in such an off-hand way and then get some sort of thrilll out of reading my blog, so I decided to teach her a lesson.

So I put up a post on my blog specifically for her, asking if she had found out about the "secret camera in my bedroom", and mentioning a website where a video of me and her in action was located...(of course there was no camera or video, but I knew it would get some sort of response from her).

Exactly on cue, she read the post and immediately she tried to get me on the phone to rag me out but I ignored her. She's still furious about it. Good. Ha!

I was a doormat, I admit it. But putting my foot down and gaining my self-respect back has made up for some of the pain of this relationship.

CaliGuy, that's super! :D

My story's kind of similar to yours, SMHF - when I found out my exH was cheating, at first I (oddly) wanted to protect him. I told my family, and moped and sobbed and wailed, but I didn't say anything to his family or friends, thinking he would at least have the decency not to paint me as the bad guy in the scenario.

But then I found out that he was lying to everybody about what happened between us (saying it was all my fault, and of course never ever mentioning that there was another woman - or if someone knew already, he said it was a one-night-stand instead of a year-long affair).

Well, I wanted the truth to be known. So...I called his mom. She and I had been close (and she said she had been really confused about his version of events, since it didn't make sense) and I told her the WHOLE story, which she promptly shared with the rest of his family, who then ostracized him. He moved out of state shortly afterward (and told me in an email that it was all my fault, I drove him out of our city by telling them what he did. Um...you're the one who did it, a**h***. All I did was tell the truth.) :)

OK, my only excuse for this next bit is that I basically lost it for a little while: right after I first found out, I asked him to go to marriage counseling with me, and he agreed. But then he took off to stay at the other woman's house for a week (she lived with her parents)and wouldn't return calls to schedule counseling or talk about the marriage. I was furious, because he had agreed to go to counseling and work on the marriage, and then this? Also, although he said her parents knew the whole story, he had said that before about his own family (see above) and anyway, I couldn't imagine that her parents had a clue that he was actually married and would be okay with that.

So, since he wouldn't call me back, I called her parents' house and asked to speak to him. I got the OW's mom, told her it was his wife on the phone, and that I'd like for him to call me, please. Then I called the OW's cell and left a message, telling her that I'd spoken to her mom and was trying to get hold of him so have him call me.

He called back five minutes later to chew me out, told me they already knew anyway so it was no big deal and then not two minutes later was all desperate on the phone, saying, how can I go back there now? What am I supposed to do now?

Busted! Idiot.

The truth shall set you free!! :p

Sorry...I am just enjoying this post way too much. :)

CaliGuy, that's super! :D

Thanks.

I also forgot to mention, her "new guy" has a friend (female) that I have liked for some time. On a whim, I asked her out and she told me she was dating someone (she is, I didn't know).

Well, she told the Ex's new beau who told her. She mentioned it to me last night. "How can you say you love me and then ask someone else out?"

I simply replied "The alternative is to sit here and wallow in self-pity and I will never do that again. I need to go out with other women."

I think it made her ever so slightly jealous to know that I wasn't going to sit around and miss her but instead move on and find someone else. I guess she thought I was incapable but has now learned otherwise :)

reservoirdog1

Oddly enough, somebody else took care of the revenge for me.

WXW revealed in August 2003 that she'd been a serial cheat for the seven year marriage and had slept with somebody else during the engagement, and with yet another within weeks of the wedding. In my opinion, she only confessed because she had to -- other people knew about it and she knew I'd find out from them if she didn't come clean. If she could have avoided coming clean, I believe she wouldn't have told me the truth.

Anyway, about a month after we split, somebody (and it honestly wasn't me) sent an email to a couple of hundred people she knew or who were relevant to her work, telling them that she was a serial cheat and a liar. She's very image conscious and has a very minor public profile, so needless to say that was a pretty fitting outcome. Never did find out who did it. At the time, I remember thinking "wow... Karma works fast sometimes."

Oh, and I almost f*cked one of her friends after we split. Didn't go through with it beyond necking, for reasons too complex to get into here. But the fact that I COULD have done so was pretty gratifying.

I would say the best revenge I had was moving out mid day on a cheating ex.

With the recruited help of his friends...... came home to one laundry basket and clothing in the middle of the bedroom and a pillow........ mind you the furniture and so forth did all belong to me before we moved in together.

Needless to say I found out later he was a little shocked to find the house empty and nobody home :D

a4a

RecordProducer
it's only natural to want to get revenge.
True, but...
I'm looking for GOOD stories of how you got your ex back for the things they did and pulled it off with your dignity intact?
...no story will keep your dignity intact! The moment you involve effort to harm your ex, you're losing your dignity and self-respect. Imagine what would cross his mkind when/if he finds out that you have planned revenge and actually followed through it - he will think very low of you. He would think you a psycho that's obsessed with him.

Some people suck. Your ex is one of them. Be happy you didn't have to waste anymore time on him. You learned a valuable lesson. Move on, hun! ;)

Thanks.

I also forgot to mention, her "new guy" has a friend (female) that I have liked for some time. On a whim, I asked her out and she told me she was dating someone (she is, I didn't know).

Well, she told the Ex's new beau who told her. She mentioned it to me last night. "How can you say you love me and then ask someone else out?"

I simply replied "The alternative is to sit here and wallow in self-pity and I will never do that again. I need to go out with other women."

I think it made her ever so slightly jealous to know that I wasn't going to sit around and miss her but instead move on and find someone else. I guess she thought I was incapable but has now learned otherwise :)

I don't think it made her slightly jealous...I think it made her alot jealous! The tables are turning! :)

I don't think it made her slightly jealous...I think it made her alot jealous! The tables are turning! :)

Well she tried to blow it off by saying "I don't care, it just doesn't make sense to me how you could say you love someone and then date someone else. It's like you're not being honest with them that they are a rebound."

I'm not sitting around and wallowing in self-pity and I made that clear. I want to date someone and since it's not the ex, someone else will benefit from being with me.

I also am not sitting around waiting for her to come back. As I think more about her, she isn't what I want either. She gave nothing back to the relationship and she's too dysfunctional to be a compliment to anyone's life, much less mine. No goals, no ambitions, no career path. Why would I want to be with someone who consistently took me for granted and never made me feel loved?

Blah, I can do that with anyone, why give her an ounce of my time anymore?! It's finished and I feel a great sense of relief.

The night I caught my ex on the phone with the guy she was seeing (while I still lived in our house)I waited until she was asleep and threw a bucket of cold water on her, she left and slept in the car:D

Ouch......

The night I caught my ex on the phone with the guy she was seeing (while I still lived in our house)I waited until she was asleep and threw a bucket of cold water on her, she left and slept in the car:D
Well she tried to blow it off by saying "I don't care, it just doesn't make sense to me how you could say you love someone and then date someone else. It's like you're not being honest with them that they are a rebound."

Grrr, CaliGuy, I'm annoyed for you, that she said this. Who is she to judge what you do? It's none of her damn business anyway.

She just doesn't like not having control over you anymore. :mad:

And -

Sorry...I am just enjoying this post way too much.

-thanks, luvtoto. It's fun to be able to grin about it now. Tee hee. :)

Grrr, CaliGuy, I'm annoyed for you, that she said this. Who is she to judge what you do? It's none of her damn business anyway.

Believe me, I was annoyed as well and almost found myself making excuses. Screeeeeech! Put the brakes on that. I made it clear "I'm not going to sit here and be depressed, I need to go out and date other people too." It doesn't mean I don't love you as much as I always have, it means I am taking charge of my life and won't allow myself to stop functioning because of this."

It's a good example of how twisted her mind words. She doesn't understand why not everyone wants to be sad and wallow in a cespool of despair as she likes to do. She admitted she likes being unhappy (wth?!) and that "I'll probably be on the market again in two months" inferring what I know to be true - that she can not sustain a good relationship because she is not mentally health or ready for it.

She just doesn't like not having control over you anymore. :mad:

I think she's starting to realize that I'm slipping away. Good. I am. I deserve someone better than her, that's for sure.

Goddam Scobro!!! Nice work!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Author

My most recent deviousness wasn't planned at all. I bumped into him in town and thank god I looked fantastic. Anyways, he was sitting there looking fat and unhappy and I smiled, waved and even winked at him. Very slight flirtation which I hear irritated the hell out of him - I guess according to him, I should STILL be in mourning for him. (I hear this from other people). Anyways, me being happy and moving on is the biggest punishment I could've done. It shows he's an A$$-hole, and that's he's NOT god's gift to women. (Which he THINKS he is because he has a 8-inch cock, so? There are bigger out there and with a heart to match! And if all I wanted was a dick, I got a toy that blows the hell out of his lovemaking!) Bleh.

god's gift to women. (Which he THINKS he is because he has a 8-inch cock, so? There are bigger out there and with a heart to match! And if all I wanted was a dick, I got a toy that blows the hell out of his lovemaking!) Bleh.

Heh. That's pretty funny.

reservoirdog1
The night I caught my ex on the phone with the guy she was seeing (while I still lived in our house)I waited until she was asleep and threw a bucket of cold water on her, she left and slept in the car

HA HA HA!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it!

They do say that revenge is a dish best served cold... :D

Heh, its fun hearing these stories. Granted we like to do the noble thing, but it sures feels good to get back at them. thats all that matters right? CaliGuy~ I like your thinking on this matter.. thats what we all should do, to not wallow around and take charge of your life.