Rebound!, should i?

caring guy

I just split with someone after 18 months, but i get on well with someone at college who has questioned my relationship situation, am i involved etc!

We have certain things in common, as our course, & a couple of others!

I've gotten used to being in a relationship & like it & feel alone & miss sharing things & having a companion.

I get this 6th sense thing when i know i like someone else & i get this here, should i ask her out so soon after a LT relationship. I know i think, that it isn't rebound, as i like her & wouldn't just ask anyone out.

But is it too soon, as i tryed a lot to sort things out with the ex!

Well... Move on. If you like this one (but really like), then WTF, go for it. But be honest to her and tell her how things are with you, and your current emotional state. Just to be on the same page with her.

• Author

I shall make my point tommorow, thing is i know she saw the commitment ring i had on & now it's not there! She may think she's a rebound, but i guess i must tell her or just say that we split ages ago, but i wore it for a while until i was ready!

I've gotten used to being in a relationship & like it & feel alone & miss sharing things & having a companion.

This is typical rebound mentality. If these are reasons that you are considering asking this girl out, it is a rebound relationship.

She may think she's a rebound, but i guess i must tell her or just say that we split ages ago, but i wore it for a while until i was ready!

Hey, building a relationship on a foundation of lies is always a great idea.:rolleyes:

fomerlyniceguy

From what I see except for the sex the only real satisfaction we get out of rebound relationship is we get to break someones heart. Kind of a twisted satisfaction, but many enjoy it. Now if you want to be honest and forthright and really do like this person. Explain that you just got out of a relationship and that you need sometime to figure things out. Don't use other people to validate yourself, you have to validate yourself. Take that time to grow a little and learn about yourself. Then see if that person is willing to explore a relationship.

fng

Dont do the rebound

Dont hurt someone who doesnt deserve it... tell her if you like her you dont want a rebound relationship because you like her too much and would like to go out with her only when your issues with the previous relationship are resolved. then spend time going out to films with her, going to the pub, spending time with her but try to stay off a relationship until you are ready.

When you do decide that the time is right and if she has waited your next relationship will be so much better and stronger... I am not saying give it a week or a year thats down to you but do this right and youll sort yourself out.

All the Best

Pain

• Author

Thanks

I do like her a lot, maybe i got the name of 'rebound' a little mixed up with 'going from one lt relationship' to a prospective other!

I know i shouldn't jump in head first, but i do think i should tell her that this is no rebound thing, as way of just being with someone to replace the last, no thats not my agenda at all!

I do have that 6th sense feeling about her, we do have stuff in common & i like her company a lot, i just can't figure a good way of going about it!

I'm definately not using her to replace someone.

It's just coincidence that i've met someone that i feel this way about.

Last time it was ages, i didn't just find anyone to replace them!

CG