do rebounds post pone the" healing process"

Brittanyjean06

Brittanyjean06

im not going to rebound, i dont beleive in using someone to get over someone....but those intense rebound feelings you have at first....doesnt that post pone the " healing process"...

even though i have a tremendous heart ache...i have built lust ful feelings towards a friends step brother...i know it could be reboundtis...and its been 4 months for me...

i know the ache and how it still hurts, i wouldent pursue anything just dating...

but back the the previous question ^-does it post pone the healing process--..i would just like to here some peoples opinions

thank you

It ONLY postpones the healing process meaning you'll have to come back and deal with it once you make a mess of the rebound relationship. And you WILL make a mess of it since your emotions are still running high. For that reason I would suggest not rebounding off of a friend's step-brother because it could really ruin your relationship with your friend.

• Author
Brittanyjean06

yeah i wasnt going to rebound, i was asking if it post pones the healing prcocess...i just have developed lustful feelings thats all.

thanks

• Author
Brittanyjean06

a little crush cant hurt, pursuing something would end bad...i kinda rebound in my head if that makes sence..than the feelings go away after a little bit its funyy and werid

a little crush can't hurt and it might even be good for you as long as you don't act on it before you're recovered from your breakup. (IMO) See...there ARE other fish in the sea ;)

Hey Brit!

I do believe that rebounds do delay your emotions to get back to normal. You might feel good for a while, but you might also find yourself thinking of your ex while kissing, hugging, talking, having sex or whatever with your victim. In that case it could bring those strong emotions back and set you back to square one (or two if you are lucky ;) )

I've been struggling with that, having a great opportunity to start dating an awesome guy who has been my friend. With time passing (and more time spending with him) I find my self having feelings for him, I look forward to seeing him, talking to him and seeing where this is taking us.

Luckilly he knows all that so he's been really nice about me taking things slow. I have known him for about a year and this has been developing over the last two months or so.

Right now we are on the edge of trying it out and I am excited.

Give it a time, when it feels right you will know you are ready.

Good luck girly!;)

• Author
Brittanyjean06

good i need something like that to get my mind back in its real position, i have been lustful" as you can say lately so fantansizing about other people ...well its hard not to...

your right of course, the healing takes alot of time, time ,time and time....

good luck with your " love"!

and thanks for the reply!

• Author
Brittanyjean06
a little crush can't hurt and it might even be good for you as long as you don't act on it before you're recovered from your breakup. (IMO) See...there ARE other fish in the sea ;)

your right, it shows me that i can " possibly like again" and maybe in the future...