There is light

kscholze

I have finally, after a text message my ex sent that I didn't reply to, been liberated. I am now seeing her for the kind of person she is and I don't like it.

I haven't felt this good about my situation since we broke up 3 months ago.

such a great feeling to not want them anymore, to not even know them anymore. We are so far removed from eachother that I will never be close to her again. and i am OK with that.

After a few months they just arent the same person.

I am sure i will still miss her when she calls or I see her, but I can never love her the way I did.

That is really great kscholze. That breakthrough moment when you wake up one morning and your first thought isn't of the ex, or you get a text message and don't even bother to reply (let alone agonize over it) is a great feeling.

I've reached that point several times with C (we've broken up and gotten back together quite a few times) and I think I just had that moment once again on Monday. He called (after a month broken up) to apologize for how mean he was when we broke up. And even though I felt sad, for the first time ever I actually wanted him to be happy with someone else. I knew that it was over for good and that even though I still love him, it will never work out and that is okay. I actually felt free.

Just a quick note: not to "rain on your parade" or anything, but keep in mind that your emotions will still go up and down. I woke up the next morning feeling very sad about everything all over again, although it's a day later and I'm feeling pretty good again.

Anyways, congratulations! There is light at the end of this long, dark tunnel for all of us. I'm not out of the tunnel yet, but I've certainly caught a few glimpses of the light!

• Author

Thanks for the reply!!

I know I will have ups and downs, but I just really think I dont love her anymore, because she is not the same person.

I love the person she used to be. That person is gone.