Having a tough time with this break up

crazyguy123

crazyguy123

So my ex and I were together for about 8-9 months. She was very clingy and quite possessive.

We've been broken up for about 2 and a half months and occasionally we would randomly see each other.

I saw her a few days ago, and I got bitter looks from her. Minded my own business and carried on.

Last night though, it really hit me that there was a point when I would remember how much I loved her. Always wanted her to be happy. Then realized how toxic she was and cried myself to sleep. Like actually cried.

I know I dodged a bullet not wasting anymore of my time with her but yeah. Just having a tough time today!

Healing is never a straightforward process . . . two steps forward, one step back.

Hang in there & rely on your logical mind to get you through. You will be OK because you know the truth (you dodged a bullet) & you are being gracious about the whole thing (wishing her well & not causing a scene).

Breakups are messy! Don't dwell on it too much. Remember, the opposite of love isn't hated or disgust, it's indifference. The fact that she has negative reactions around you means that she isn't "over it" yet either.

As a counter-example, my ex and I have been broken up for 8 months and met up for the 1st time about a week ago. It didn't seem like she cared about anything that was going on, there was an aloofness to every action she did. I got no hugs, I missed yous, or anything. She acted like someone who was completely over the break up would.

emeraldgreen

Try to be thankful you gained all that experience with a toxic person in just 8 months. Say the words now and the feelings will follow.