LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Too lonely for NC

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2019, 2:43 AM   #1

Too lonely for NC

Me and my ex text every day. She sends me hearts and calls me nicknames every day. It keeps my hope that she will regret the decision alive. But my rational side can see how she is moving on as we talk and has no intention to try again. Its killing me slowly, but if i dont talk to her i have no one. I got a couple of friends but all long distance and not much use for texting. Its ****ing hard to cut the last contact with a loved one out.
Backtolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 7:52 AM   #2
Established Member

It is hard but staying tethered to her is holding you back. Instead of texting her, take some time and do something to make new friends:
  • Join a sports team
  • Volunteer somewhere: a political campaign; something like the Elks, the Moose, the Masons, your local volunteer fire department; walking shelter dogs; raise money to fight a disease; whatever floats your boat
  • Attend a meet up
  • Take up a hobby
  • Get involved with an alumni association
  • Take an adult education class

Just get more active so you meet new people for friendship & possibly dating.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote