When friends and family run into ex

tacoman

My girlfriend of 5 years dumped me around 4 months ago. I am moving on, etc....have not really made any contact other than one email in about the last 2 months or so. I am doing so much better and finally seeing a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

I just blew off her birthday, i couldnt imagine doing that a couple months ago, but i knew i was still hung up hoping for a response, so i did nothing because i knew it would only set me back.

I would like to one day maybe have a second chance down the road, but am not banking on it, nor ruling it out. She also hooked up with some guy she worked with about a week or two after dumping me.

My question is, is that it seems everyone i know keeps running into her. My mom (who loved her like a daughter) runs into her and keeps asking her if she is happy, blah blah, of course she says much happier,etc.......i tell her not to talk about that crap if she sees her but she does anyway.

Is the effects of those random 2 minute meetings going to have any effect. I keep thinking that she is going to think i am still all hung up on her, which i am not.

I am finally realising i will be happy again and that she is doomed to repeat the same mistakes again.