Loss by Suicide How to Cope

sweetgirl75

sweetgirl75

Yesterday I said goodbye at my ex husband’s memorial service. He took his own life last month. He lost his Dad the week before. I tried to reach out to him and so did others. There were no signs of suicidal ideation or plans. We had been divorced eight years and I feel guilty I wasn’t there for him after the death of his Dad. I will live with this guilt the rest of my life. Does anyone have any constructive advice for me that has gone through this? We had been best friends since age 15.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Please don't feel guilty - his mental health was not something you could ever control or influence.

I also had an EX kill himself.

It really is not your fault. He made a choice. I am sorry for your loss & understand your pain. But please don't take this all on yourself.

Check out an organization called Walk Out of the Darkness. It's for the survivors.

• Like 1
Wallysbears

Walk out of darkness is great. We lost a dear friend from college to suicide a few years back and we do a walk in his memory with them annually.

• Author
sweetgirl75
I also had an EX kill himself.

It really is not your fault. He made a choice. I am sorry for your loss & understand your pain. But please don't take this all on yourself.

Check out an organization called Walk Out of the Darkness. It's for the survivors.

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for the information for the survivors

I am glad others pointed you in the direction of help. I am very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.