sugardating for getting back in the game?

DonTravis

After my divorce 2 years ago, I finally wanted to give relationships a try again and I have been recommended to join dating websites to "get back in the game". I am not the young guy I used to be anymore that's why I have been told to give sugardating a try.

Is this a good idea? I am not sure I would know how to handle myself in person with a woman and it would feel really awkward. Anyone know anything about this?

Note: I am not looking for something serious... but that is still an option.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I think it is okay. As long as you know how to control yourself. I mean... don't let yourself get taken advantage of (financially) and make sure to never get attached or fall for her.

But in all honesty, I think you will be fine even without this... If a girl will like you, they will like you even if you are too shy for your age.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Redact quote of starting post

I don't know about the whole sugar dating thing. You can pretty much guarantee she would only be looking for money and may not be sincere. There are dating sites for older people, like ourtime and another one - I forget the name. I mean, if you are just looking for some young thing to have on your arm in public, then go ahead. If you want something a little more sincere, try one of the other sites.

So there's a sugardating now , lordy lordy how do we keep up with this crap. Thank God l don't care or have to.

But from what l can gather it's paying for the dates or something, maybe more.

WTH for ?

l'm 50s and went through marriage break up and there's plenty of women out there don't worry about that , more than guys l'd say, well there is in my area.

Mind you finding one that isn't messed up is a challenge at first but they're around, just takes awhile for things to start happening to begin with.

Anyway , good luck with whatever you do.

• Like 1

Might as well tune in..

I was a "sugarbaby" from 18-19, I guess it really depends on who you end up with. A lot of girls are just after money, clothes and such, in my case it was a bit different though. He was 35 and I genuinely cared about him. It started off with us being great friends for 2 years, then the occasional flirting kicked off and eventually I found myself so attracted to his vibe and personality.

I felt guilty at first when he offered to send me a birthday present or random gifts here and there (a bit of a distance between us). I never asked for anything because even though he's loaded, I don't like taking. But I just gave in. I was struggling financially and he genuinely wanted to give me things..? He told me I make him happy and he didn't know how to give back otherwise. We ended up FaceTiming whenever his gifts arrived because he wanted to see my reaction (usually shock and tears)..

It just somehow happened. We are still great friends actually, but I've moved on from that. But there's a lot of mutual care still there.

Although I am in no way ashamed of this, I do hope I don't receive any judgment. But I thought it might be interesting to get the other side of the story.

You know a sugar baby isn't a romantic relationship, right? She's only in it for as long as you're paying her way.

• Like 1

Note: I am not looking for something serious... but that is still an option.

Not with a sugar baby it isn't.

She wants money not a boyfriend, she may already have one of those, many do.

• Like 2