Ex and I broke up. I just wanna rant. Input would be great

crazyguy123

My ex girlfriend and I broke up on the 23rd. We have been arguing quite a bit. We started dating in june.

Everything felt great at first. Felt as if she was the one. Felt as if I could connect with her so well. She loved me and I loved her too. She portrayed a lot of good values.

Sadly though, around October she began to be needy. She always wanted me to be around 24/7.

On my birthday, she attempted to contact me but I was unable to look at my phone because I was busy with family. Then closer till the end of the night she calls off her plans with. I was furious that she would do that on my birthday.

The next few days later she told me she was upset with me for not responding.

I told her one of my dreams is to travel the world for work. The longest I would be away is a few weeks. When she told me that, she said that she would never open her doors for me because she needs a lot of attention

There are times when I don't want to come over, she would be upset. If I dont want to go shopping for her new apartment, she gets upset. She always plays the victim. I always have to do the things she wants to do.

When she blocked me, I went into no contact in Hope's that this **** would be done and she would come back go me. But after a lot of thought, I blocked her and intend to move on.

She is terrible and only things about herself. When I would have family things to do, she would want me to prioritize her above everyone else.

In my view both of you are at fault and don’t have a mutual understanding of what goes into a succcesful relationship.

Let’s start with you:

A romantic relationship of boyfriend and girlfriend is the only such relationship in your life and it should be treated like such. The nature of such a relationship is unique in what is felt and what is required. You as her boyfriend are entitled to certain privileges through your status as her boyfriend and vice versa. She is the special girlfriend in your life and as such when she tried to contact you on her birthday, she would understandably be expecting a response. For you to disappear for that period of time and not respond to her birthday wishes would make her feel unspecial and unimportant as a girlfriend.

Coming onto her:

She obviously has a lot of gaps in her life and she is using you to fill them. She doesn’t seem to be fulfilled in her own life which is why she can’t be happy with you progressing in your life, eg travelling away for work.

It doesn’t sound like it’s going to work as you probably both have a lot of maturing and growing to do, sorry and I’m trying to accept the harsh reality of this in my own life at the moment too.