Short one but very difficult

ironspider

I'm writing this to basically hear myself say it, so thank you for listening.

I found someone about 7 months ago, dated for 6 months (ish) and broke up about a month ago. I told her it was over, however, she was heading that way anyway so it was easy for her. For me, not so much. I tried to get her back, she'll have none of it.

This was an intense relationship, one of which, I hadn't really every experienced. I fell bad for her. I keep getting that feeling that I'll never find anyone like her, I try not to think that, but that realization keeps coming up. I'm lucky enough to be an active dater, but none are anywhere near what she was. None kiss as well, hug as well, look as pretty, and lets not even go into sex. We could stare into each others eyes for hours and just smile, I can't do that with anyone else. If I'm not out with someone though, I just miss her anyway.

I'm 44 years old and feel like she was finally an answer. She was the one I thought. It's now been like a month and it hasn't gotten any easier. I just want to shake this feeling.

Thanks for listening.

• 2 weeks later...

The timing may also play a big role that you thought she was the one. Post as much as you want, no need to be 'fine' now, venting out your thoughts, not only will release your anxiety, but there are a lot of kind and wise people here to listen and support you.

Be patient with yourself.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • Author

Look at this, almost a year ago I wrote this...

Believe it or not I got her back in February of 2019, shortly after writing this. Been together ever since.

• Author
Congrats! Glad it worked out. Still curious why you broke up with her to begin with.

I think I felt her a little distant and wanted to nip it before we were only together for convenience reasons. There may have been other reasons but they escape me right now.