What if she asked me to try again?

Nukem

Several years passed since the divorce and from time to time I still ask myself what I would answer if she propose me something like that.

I am almost 80% sure that I will deny the offer but I wonder if only asking the question itself is not a sign that I haven't overcome her. Isn't it just a selfishness?

Have you asked yourself similar questions? How often? Do you answer them?

Edited by Nukem

If several years have passed since you split and you're still imagining what you would say if she ever came back - then no, I'd say you haven't really moved on. I would think asking yourself these questions is normal in the months following a break-up, maybe even a year on if it was a particularly bad one. But after a few years, these thoughts usually dissipate and you find a new path.

Have you dated since then?

• Author

Yep, I dated. I also had short relationship with a younger girl. But I see my ex each week, we often talk about our daughter. Most of the time we were not in connection with different partners. Recently I saw her having dinner with the OM who was the reason for our divorce. Before that I think she was single all the time since the divorce.

Edited by Nukem