LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

What if she asked me to try again?

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2018, 3:09 PM   #1
Established Member

What if she asked me to try again?

Several years passed since the divorce and from time to time I still ask myself what I would answer if she propose me something like that.
I am almost 80% sure that I will deny the offer but I wonder if only asking the question itself is not a sign that I haven't overcome her. Isn't it just a selfishness?
Have you asked yourself similar questions? How often? Do you answer them?

Last edited by Nukem; 19th November 2018 at 3:14 PM..
Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 3:33 AM   #2
Established Member

If several years have passed since you split and you're still imagining what you would say if she ever came back - then no, I'd say you haven't really moved on. I would think asking yourself these questions is normal in the months following a break-up, maybe even a year on if it was a particularly bad one. But after a few years, these thoughts usually dissipate and you find a new path.

Have you dated since then?
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2018, 11:07 AM   #3
Established Member

Yep, I dated. I also had short relationship with a younger girl. But I see my ex each week, we often talk about our daughter. Most of the time we were not in connection with different partners. Recently I saw her having dinner with the OM who was the reason for our divorce. Before that I think she was single all the time since the divorce.

Last edited by Nukem; 20th November 2018 at 11:13 AM..
Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote