LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Admitting defeat

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2018, 7:20 PM   #1
Established Member

Admitting defeat

I lost the battle for someone I loved. I have been drained for just about every drop of love I had for him and he still hates me. It takes me so long to give up on the ones I love, if it comes to that-I will battle hatred for decades before I let my love go to that dark, bitter, empty, entity. Lord, this is a hard place to fight a war with love at the moment! Anyone else spared their love to no avail? I am exhausted, but not overcome. I tried though. I really did give it all I had. Farewell, and God bless my old friend, my old love who has been snatched from out of my grasp. I hope I can find a great strength of love in another. It is just to much to ask from people these days though! You'd think you were asking a person for their banking information or something when you are really just looking for some love! Good grief! So hard out here nowadays! Anybody else feeling this huge lack of love?
KatCha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2018, 8:47 PM   #2
Established Member

KatCha, what a terrible waste of your time and emotions chasing after someone who doesn't share your affection. You should NEVER battle for someone you love if their love isn't returned - it's a battle you can't win and which will only cause you more harm. Remember, he wasn't 'snatched' from you - he chose to not be with you.

Have you done counselling to try and figure out why you'd waste your precious life chasing dreams which won't come to fruition?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2018, 12:28 AM   #3
Established Member

I read your post and without seeing any specifics, it does appear you think of someone you love as a possession that is there to serve you. Maybe someone that you have to maintain hold on.
Maybe you could share some more about your relationships and how they start and end and what they are like when they are working well.

A battle? Are you going into relationships expecting that?
GinON is offline   Reply With Quote