After extra chances

KatCha

I am left with the same outcome by the love of my life from like, close to two decades ago.

He came in playing, I told him on second night I loved him. He told me it wasn't a relationship...I knew that. But man's vanity trumps his returns sometimes.

Can you ask a god, in his own right mind, to join you on your mortal plane? This is how he now mocks me. Well, I won't be waiting around another 15 years, I am sorry I ever told his friends how I felt about him in the first place. Is it better to keep these thoughts to yourself or to tell it to another? It made things awful in my case, it sucks that all he knew how to do to me was hurt me. Not his fault, I get that we just are not compatible in his eyes now. I never thought love would feel bad.

When you are in love, sharing those feelings enhances the experience. When you say you are in love on date 2, it rings hollow. It smacks of someone who confuses lust for love or otherwise doesn't have a real understand about what true love is, something that takes time to develop.

You wore your heart on your sleeve in your innocence & got burned for your trouble. Give the other family issues you have alluded to in other posts, he stands to reason that you were searching for emotional comfort anywhere you could find without a proper foundation to distinguish who was worth of your trust & love vs who was not. Unfortunately in your naivety, this person took advantage, even though he tried to tell you & you didn't listen. Now given how impressionable you were back then, the loss still haunts you.

I'm sorry for your pain.