Life is a mess right now.

fajberman2

Everything is falling apart... No apprenticeship, my girlfriend dumped me for no reason... No job... I'm in the worst point of my life right now and im only 18 i cant take this anymore... What can I do? I feel like a failure and the worst thing is that my ex dumped me 2 months ago when she was the key to my happiness really... Well now that shes gone is there even any point of trying at this point?

Put her down mate right now, and look forward. You've gotta prioritize doing other things that make you happy. It will feel like a family member died, but your happiness is very very important to your recovery.

Find one or two things you really like doing, and go do those things with your buddies. Have lots of fun and blow off steam.

What are your job prospects, and what is your background? What's your education? You've got lots of time to fix yourself up mate.

• Author
Put her down mate right now, and look forward. You've gotta prioritize doing other things that make you happy. It will feel like a family member died, but your happiness is very very important to your recovery.

Find one or two things you really like doing, and go do those things with your buddies. Have lots of fun and blow off steam.

What are your job prospects, and what is your background? What's your education? You've got lots of time to fix yourself up mate.

Yeah im trying to but its really hard to put my head up and look forward...

.. she was the key to my happiness really... ...

you will find yourself constantly disappointed in life if you give someone this power. you have to find happiness independently and eventually share that with another.

• Like 1

Everybody feels the same way you do 2 months after a breakup, especially at 18, and especially if it was a good relationship. Tell me right now, what do you really like to do, and what do you like to do with the guys these days?

What sort of job/ apprenticeship are you seeking?

The point of going on is that you are 18. You have a whole life ahead of you.

You didn't get one apprenticeship. Get another one. Further your education. Just do something. Take action. Hard work will pay off.

A failed teenage romance is not the end of the world. Yes, rejection hurts. Yes, it sucks. But you have people who love you & a whole life to live.

• Author
Everybody feels the same way you do 2 months after a breakup, especially at 18, and especially if it was a good relationship. Tell me right now, what do you really like to do, and what do you like to do with the guys these days?

What sort of job/ apprenticeship are you seeking?

Usually I just like to walk around town and just chill... And I am looking for a business/ IT apprenticeship but right now I'm getting no luck.. They're really hard to find especially since I live in Oxford,UK

• Author
The point of going on is that you are 18. You have a whole life ahead of you.

You didn't get one apprenticeship. Get another one. Further your education. Just do something. Take action. Hard work will pay off.

A failed teenage romance is not the end of the world. Yes, rejection hurts. Yes, it sucks. But you have people who love you & a whole life to live.

Thank you I will keep that in mind!

• Author
you will find yourself constantly disappointed in life if you give someone this power. you have to find happiness independently and eventually share that with another.

That is true, but what can I do to forget her? I'm doing no contact for 3 weeks now and I'm just trying to improve myself and get my life sorted and to be honest it would be the best if she just moved on and didn't bother texting me because it's just going to make me depressed again right now I'm doing much better thatn I was doing 2 weeks ago but the scars are still there but I'm slowly getting over it...

The funny thing is I think I was just a rebound or whatever thats what hurts the most because It was a short relatonship it only lasted 2 months and her and her ex are talking so I guess there's no hope for me :lmao: but thats not the point of this thread and sorry if i keep mentioning her.

Thank you all for your kind,supportive advice It really did help and I feel a lot better!

Don't be an old sod mate! Oxford has the greatest University in the world, I used to live there, in Alan Bullock Close flats. You have the potential for endless social clubs and pubs. You have the potential to get on the train to Cambridge and other cities. I envy your situation so much, I am in rural Mississippi and surrounded by women who only date attractive hunks/ soldiers/ firefighters.

You have so much to look forward to. Don't sell yourself short.

• Author
Don't be an old sod mate! Oxford has the greatest University in the world, I used to live there, in Alan Bullock Close flats. You have the potential for endless social clubs and pubs. You have the potential to get on the train to Cambridge and other cities. I envy your situation so much, I am in rural Mississippi and surrounded by women who only date attractive hunks/ soldiers/ firefighters.

You have so much to look forward to. Don't sell yourself short.

Thank you so much for that sir! :D

That is true, but what can I do to forget her?

NC is a good start.

Also do this:

1. Mourn. It's OK to be sad for a little while.

2. Purge. Get rid of the stuff that reminds you of her. Throw out the mementos or box them up. Delete the pictures or save them to a flash drive. Out of sight out of mind.

3. Change. Rearrange something in your life. Try new things. Take up a hobby. In your case, keep plugging along to get that job.

4. Move. Join a gym. Go for walks. Do something to get exercise in your life. Exercise releases endorphins which elevate mood.

Sounds pretty normal for 18. Failure and rejection is part of life's lessons. They make success all the more sweet. You'll learn to live life for you and love yourself regardless of outside stuff.

Spend time with family and friends and if there's a dearth of the latter, grow those. It'll work out.