Sunday blues

Humantk

I'm not looking forward to Sunday, not at all.

She was my first love. And my first breakup. It been over 2 years now. We still see each other sporadically, and it's only because we share family. This upcoming Sunday will be another occasion in which we will bump into each other. I will be at the christening of her Nephew (I am obliged to attend as I am going to be the Godfather).

I still harbor the loss and pain from our breakup. I feel my life has been incomplete without her. I havnt contacted her in these two years , besides the occasional time we see each other a things like these. I don't try and strike up conversation anymore and neither does she. Just a hello. It's so strange. I guess it makes more sense now, she has completely moved on and has been dating a different guy for over a year. So I understand keeping distance from an old flame.

I originally started this post to ask a question. But I might have answered it in writing this. It's just the way it is. We will never truly be friends, so why tell her? I want to be her friend so badly, but it's not for the right reasons. I miss her constantly. But still, I won't tell her she is my friend. Even if it would make her feel a little less guilty. I won't do it. Because I still love her. So it would be wrong. I've tried different women, and now Ive been on a year long stretch of just being alone. Nothing has quelled my longing for what is now only a memory.

So I'm not looking forward to Sunday. Not at all. Thanks for listening.

Since you’re a major part of the celebration eyes will be on you. Make sure you look your best and just take in the honor bestowed upon you.

It’s not a day to wallow in your heartache but to celebrate the joy that has brought you together.

If you’re being asked to be the baby’s Godfather you need to wear that huge honor proudly. Keep it all in perspective and you’ll be fine.