This Heavy Feeling

neurotibot

I was in a long-distance relationship with a girl who cheated on me. Still, I don't know how to get over her. It's been a week and miss her more as the days go on, but then I think about what she did and I'm full of anger and hurt.

How do I move on?

You recognize that it takes time. Use the anger to spur yourself forward. You have been hurt & you don't get over that quickly.

In the short term, purge her from your life -- delete photos, throw away mementos, delete chat logs, unfriend off social media etc.

Soothe yourself. Eat comfort foods. Spend time with supportive friends & family. Grieve for the loss but don't dwell.

Keep busy. Do something active like go for walk or run. Clean your house from top to bottom. Go out with friends, do not isolate yourself.

In time you will heal & you will live to love again. Try dating locally. It's easier.

• Author
You recognize that it takes time. Use the anger to spur yourself forward. You have been hurt & you don't get over that quickly.

In the short term, purge her from your life -- delete photos, throw away mementos, delete chat logs, unfriend off social media etc.

Soothe yourself. Eat comfort foods. Spend time with supportive friends & family. Grieve for the loss but don't dwell.

Keep busy. Do something active like go for walk or run. Clean your house from top to bottom. Go out with friends, do not isolate yourself.

In time you will heal & you will live to love again. Try dating locally. It's easier.

I have no friends and the few family members I have either don't know or don't care very much. It would be easier if I had people to talk to.