Feeling disgusted after?

Hey y'all! So as I have moved on and lost my rose-colores glasses for my ex, I find myself grossed out the rare times that a memory crosses my mind of our past relationship.

In short, he lost interest in me and when I confronted him about it, he made me doubt my own intuition. Since I'm a relatively inexperienced dater, I believed his straight face lie.

I'm really happy that I'm not with someone egoistical anymore, who pretended to be a sweet shy nerd to get girls to fall for him... But why am I grossed out now?

Is it normal?

I guess I regret having chosen a sleezeball to be the first guy I slept with... :p

Did this ever happen as a reaction in any of your post-breakup moments?

Yes, it's natural when you finally wake up and realize you were treated badly. It's a good thing - it means you're moving past him!

• Author
Yes, it's natural when you finally wake up and realize you were treated badly. It's a good thing - it means you're moving past him!

Oh nice! :) I was hoping that was the reason, but I felt like I should feel nothing at all to have moved on completely. I guess that's the next step!

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what we mean when we say women love bad boys, and this will repeat itself several times before you reach 30, less often after.

They is research to support this.

• Author
This is exactly what we mean when we say women love bad boys, and this will repeat itself several times before you reach 30, less often after.

They is research to support this.

He wasn't even a "bad boy" technically. He ended up being a jerk in "nice guy" clothing. I'm not surprised he's had so many girls to sleep with. He plays off the whole look of an awkward nerd who's supposedly sweet.

I'm 27, so it's just my first jerk. I think I'm doing pretty well then. :cool:

Completely normal. Some exes we can look back on as being good people but just not a match. And then then are the ones where we feel the need to have the memories surgically removed from our brain.

I think it's just part of the letting go process. Your view changes over time until you eventually don't care anymore.

I don't know about being disgusted but absolutely embarrassed of myself for getting myself into my 1st marriage and putting up with an abusive person for so long.