LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Found out my ex gf is sleeping with someone else when I was still trying to get back

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2018, 1:34 PM   #1

Found out my ex gf is sleeping with someone else when I was still trying to get back

Like the title says. I've been trying to get my ex back after a few months of her breaking up with me. We were talking well for the first few months and then she just stopped talking and started ignoring me and now I've found out she's sleeping with some other guy.

I don't think I should be trying to get her back anymore but it is so painful to know someone else is sleeping with her already.

How do I cope with this? It's giving me panic attacks every night and I can't even sleep well.
rovert2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 2:50 PM   #2
Established Member

I am sorry. This is why I have made sure not to check up on my exes social media because the idea of her being with another guy would crush me. Yes, I know it'll happen or has already happened but as long as I don't see it, I am okay.

I would advise to stop checking up on her life and keep her as out of sight as possible. It's hard not to get curious and I have to fight the urges everyday but we have to do it to avoid getting even more hurt. If she wants you back, she'll let you know.
JP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 3:53 PM   #3
Established Member

Well at least now you know this is over & there is no going back. You can firmly close the book on this chapter of your life.

You cope by grieving the loss. Take the weekend & be sad. Then you pick yourself up & you muddle through. Purge all mementos from your life. Keep active. Surround yourself with supportive people. Have faith that the acute pain will subside.

Whatever you do, don't chase her.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote