Was my relationship all a waste of time?

My relationship lasted 4 years, from my freshman year to my senior year in college. We had some awesome times and some bad times, but I would like to think there were more good times than bad. I REALLY wanted to marry a girl that I met in college and I thought for sure she was the one. I never dated anyone else in college, only her and when she broke up with me a month before graduation, it killed me. Was this all a waste? Was my relationship all a waste of time when I could have found someone else in college? I had many opportunities to meet other women in college, but I never did b/c I was devoted to her.

Where the heck do I meet women now? I really don't want to go to a bar or club, I've had my fill. So many of my friends met their girlfriends/wives in college and I feel like I have failed and there is no hope b/c I had my chance.

mujeep, hate to break it to you but if she wants nothing to do with you, then sitting around while she dates someone else isnt going to make her like you anymore..

"out of sight, out of mind"

you'r gonna have to go out and meet someone new if your problem is as bad as you described. I've been there brotha, dovoting myself...

when the relationship was over i had lost alot of friends but i didnt have time for them when i was dating which i now relize was wrong.. :laugh:

pick up a second job if you have all this free time, you'll be bound to meet new people that way.. just dont sit around waiting for the phone to ring because its not going to,

nothing more to say to it that i didnt say in your other post :D

start hanging out at coffee shops or poetry readings... lots of women and people to meet.. it'll take your mind right off her

Let me start by saying it wasn't a waste a time in my eyes. You had a relatioship for 4 years and you loved her how can that be a waste? On the other hand, you were devoted to her and you feel betrayed because she left you. Don't beat yourself up for the things that don't work out in life, try and move on and meet new people.

Just because your friends married their gf from college doesn't mean you had too. Everyone has their own lives and own experiences. You can't see this as a waste of time, you must think of this as a lesson in life. You go through different situation in life and you learn from them. She may have made you realize all the things you want and don't want in a woman.

Ask friends to bring their gf friends, double date, do things to take your mind off this break-up. You need to move on and not look back. The past is the past think of the future, theirs a girl out there waiting for you to sweap her off her feet.

Certainly wasn't a waste of time when you were together, correct?

You can always re-enroll, if you feel the need to reclaim your party years.

Or you can get a real job, meet real people, and party in Cancun with real chicks and real money -- something you didn't have in college.