How is everyone doing since this site went down in March?

maybejune

Hey guys, how have you been? I hope you all get better!

I never thought I would have such strong connection with a online forum that I almost checked the site everyday to see if it came back, and I missed reading your stories, following your progress, posting my own ups and downs... When the site was down, I felt isolated -- if that's the right word to describe.

What makes coping sub so unique and close to heart is, I get the chance to comfortably share my emotions in real time, and people here will read and give me empathy, encouragement, and advice. I learned a lot not just about romantic relationship but more about understanding myself and relationship in general when I am going through the tough time. Even though we never met, you guys are my friends :)

I took few days off and had a vacation to be away -- I loved it so much, and almost didn't want to return to work. I had mood swing after I came back, but I fully anticipated that. So when I felt blue, I told myself it is just routine and will go away. Fortunately it did go away for now, and I will start some classes I bought on Groupon.

CautiouslyOptimistic

So glad it's back! I checked every few days to see if it was back, and I'm glad it is :). Personally, I'm fine. Working through age-related health issues, but just fine :). Glad to be back!

• Author
So glad it's back! I checked every few days to see if it was back, and I'm glad it is :). Personally, I'm fine. Working through age-related health issues, but just fine :). Glad to be back!

Fine is all we need !!! I'm glad to hear that!

I was excited when finally reached the homepage :)

• Like 1
StrangerThanFiction

I’m so glad LS is back! I never realized how important this forum was to helping me heal until it went down. I felt like I lost a best friend that I told all my most innermost thoughts and feelings to that I couldn’t share with anyone IRL. LS was always here when I couldn’t sleep and just needed to get things out of my head. Isolated is totally the right word to describe the feeling!

Anyway, doing better than I was a few months ago. Posted an update to the whole stupid situation in my last thread of anyone cares to read it. I hope all you wonderful people are doing well!

• Like 2
Hey guys, how have you been? I hope you all get better!

I never thought I would have such strong connection with a online forum that I almost checked the site everyday to see if it came back, and I missed reading your stories, following your progress, posting my own ups and downs... When the site was down, I felt isolated -- if that's the right word to describe.

What makes coping sub so unique and close to heart is, I get the chance to comfortably share my emotions in real time, and people here will read and give me empathy, encouragement, and advice. I learned a lot not just about romantic relationship but more about understanding myself and relationship in general when I am going through the tough time. Even though we never met, you guys are my friends :)

I took few days off and had a vacation to be away -- I loved it so much, and almost didn't want to return to work. I had mood swing after I came back, but I fully anticipated that. So when I felt blue, I told myself it is just routine and will go away. Fortunately it did go away for now, and I will start some classes I bought on Groupon.

Welcome back everyone.

I'm doing better myself but I also felt sad when the site went down. Good to see you and everyone on here are doing well and I'm glad Loveshack is back.

-Beachead

Nice to see everyone again. It was good for me to get off the forum for a little bit (glad i was forced to), but its good to be back

coolheadal

Funny I had build a forum like this two months ago and this one goes down. I don't have the time to run mine. It's like this but I've build more too it even online dating coded in. But in all I enjoy helping here when I have the time to share my experience and hope it help those that needed some help or a little push. I hope LoveShack is here to stay.. It was strange without it.. In my spare time didn't have much to do those that needed help go wondering in the void of darkness. Now the light has come back and we all here can share.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s funny.

I was doing well. At least as far as thinking about past relationships went.

The website is a great forum, but it can also function, inevitably, as a reason to keep picking at emotional scabs and old wounds, so to speak.

It’s as though I was addicted to pouring my emotions on here and doing it on a regular basis, but when it went down, I had no choice but to either suck it up or distract myself by doing something I enjoyed. I sort of developed a coping mechanism to deal with the site being down.

But during the 6 weeks or more when it was down, twice, I really needed to talk about some things and wished the site was up and running.

I’m glad it’s back up and running. But at the same time I wish I had moved on and stopped posting.

• Like 1
DontBreakEven

I'm glad it's back. I tried to migrate over to eNotAlone, and it was a nightmare. The moderator kicked me off and blocked my IP because I made a new account (didn't realize I had an old one from over 10 years ago - as far as I knew, I never even knew the site existed).

Anyway, I contacted the mods about it, and got the RUDEST responses back when I tried to explain what happened. "You're blocked for the rest of time, are you even listening to me?!"

Anywayyyyy ... needless to say, so glad this is back. That was a horrendous experience from a site that is supposed to be an emotional help. Plus there is so much history of camaraderie here.

I'm glad it's back. I tried to migrate over to eNotAlone, and it was a nightmare. The moderator kicked me off and blocked my IP because I made a new account (didn't realize I had an old one from over 10 years ago - as far as I knew, I never even knew the site existed).

Anyway, I contacted the mods about it, and got the RUDEST responses back when I tried to explain what happened. "You're blocked for the rest of time, are you even listening to me?!"

Anywayyyyy ... needless to say, so glad this is back. That was a horrendous experience from a site that is supposed to be an emotional help. Plus there is so much history of camaraderie here.

Me too! The mods on the site are so rude. I was blocked for asking a legitimate question. I later posted that a same question on loveshack, and no problems :rolleyes:

I missed LS, I admit.

The people here at better at giving advice and writing than any other site I know, though it doesn't apply to me. This is the only love site I read now. I tried another one and will not post there again.