Overwhelming urge to contact ex from 3 years ago

I haven’t spoken to her in a couple of years. I haven’t felt as close or connected to any one since (or before) She broke my heart. The last time I saw her over 3 years ago, We met, had dinner and a wonderful time, laughed a lot and she spent 2 days at my place, gave me the impression she wanted to reconsile.

When I asked (when) she wanted to see me again ... she laughed in my face and was a cold, cold bitch. It seemed she did it as revenge and to really mess with my mind and heart.. it did. It really hurt and It messed me up for along time afterwards. I had mild symptoms of ptsd. Depression, Blackouts, anxiety attacks, insomnia. Meds-therapy.

8 months later via email - I asked her why she did that.. she said she could “sense” a lot of “dishonesty and misrepresentation” in what I was saying at the time we met? I have to this day no idea what she meant!? Not a clue..

So now I have this overwhelming urge to text her to see how her life is now.. how she’s doing!? After the way she treated me at the end, I really should have tried to forget she even exists.

Just here to get this out of my head. Kill the urge. I know contacting her would be a very bad idea.

Support, similar experiences would help

Thanks

Go find a date.

Then you'll want to reach out to her instead.

Yes, bad idea. If this is the same woman from when you were posting in 2015, then I would suggest you go back and read those threads. It'll be a nice reality knock over the head.

If not, manage whatever void you're struggling with by doing anything BUT reaching out to what has caused you pain. She treated harshly and yet you want to reach out to see how she is -- you went through hell and back trying to recover from her and you want to check on her? You want to gouge further into your wound? Don't be a doormat because that is exactly what she'll think of you.

Work through whatever negativity you're feeling. She is not your solution.

• Like 2
I know contacting her would be a very bad idea.

Yeah.. if you value your self esteem and self respect let it lie...

She didn't come your way when you contacted her after 8 months, in fact she called you dishonest.. what would make you think things will be different 2 years later.

Nothing wrong with thinking these things.. just don't act on it

• Like 1
DontBreakEven

It looks to me like you just got out of a 2 year relationship 3 weeks ago.

Probably why you're wanting to do this. Don't.

• Like 2