My Loneliness

DontBreakEven

DontBreakEven

I think my biggest struggle in life is how godd*mn lonely I am.

I have an issue in that I crave connection, but I'm very introverted. I connect with very few people (on either a romantic or platonic level), and if I don't connect, I'd honestly rather be alone. Like if it were a choice of going out with a person or some people that I have no connection with, I'd rather stay in.

I just don't like being around many people, and yet my constant complaint is this burning loneliness. I complain to my parents, or my friends (all out of state), and they tell me to get on Meetup or join a book club blah blah. I'm probably so annoying to them at this point, because I complain about being lonely, and then when they suggest ways to meet people, I tell them I don't like doing that stuff.

Well ... I don't. Meetup sucks. It's a hodgepodge of random people that 99.9% of the time I would never choose to fraternize with in the first place.

This is why I hate being single. At least when in a relationship I have that person around all the time that I do connect with.

I moved to a new state 8 months ago, and while I do like it a lot better here than my old hometown, I'm no happier. I do the same exact thing as I always did: go to work, come home, go to bed, lather rinse repeat. Just now I get to see palm trees on my way home :cool:

I'm just sad. I feel like I'm the loneliness person there ever was. Which makes no sense, because I have a decent amount of friends. I just really, really miss that strong bond that comes with loving somebody. :(

• Like 2
Happy Lemming

Have you been to all the museums in your new town?? Points of interest?? Is there a website for your town that describes festivals, fairs, etc.?? Go explore this new town!!

Who knows you may even meet someone while you are exploring...

What are your interests? Find a group that does that.

Another option would be to volunteer somewhere doing something you are passionate about. Even introverted people do well when they have a purpose: go here & hand out fliers, or serve food to the homeless or sell 50/50 tickets for the Elks / Moose / Kiwanis etc. Just find something that feeds your soul & don't worry so much if every other person in the organization isn't your cup of tea.

todreaminblue

me too ....you miss that bond because you know how right it feels...or i do anyway....but what can you do...i love my friends and family i have connections too....so i hang out with them when i can....they make me feel....not alone......:0)...deb....

• Like 1