How to cope with a break up where you both are still in love with each other

deluges

I don't have much of a support system in my life, and i'm hoping finding help from other people and having support will help me heal more and realize i'll be okay.

This is all still fresh, I had my last day with the guy i'm in love with on Tuesday February 20th.

We we're together almost 6 months, it would be this Saturday.

He's a musician, and he has a best friend who lives in another state that he's pursued music with distantly. He thought for a while he would be staying in the current state we live in now. Until last December when I found out he would be moving to the state his friend is in because it has more of the music scene he's in up there. It broke me so hard, and it was terrible trying to finally talk to him about it but we did. Was I happy for him? absolutely, I still am and I dearly hope everything works out for him. I have no doubt he won't do great things. But it doesn't reduce the sadness of it all.

He's been in a long distance relationship before, when he went off to college, and he ended up falling out of love with her. But he said it was really bad for him and totally wants it to work for us, but he's not going to have the time. We're both still young and figuring ourselves out, I definitely still am but it doesn't lessen the pain. Because I want to be by his side when he does great things, and I want him to be by mine.

Even knowing it was coming still didn't prepare me for the pain i'm feeling.

We both cried so much on Tuesday, and i remember him looking over at me in the car, and saying "i'm going to miss you" and the tears in his eyes, and the look on his face, it tears me apart. He kept telling me how sorry he was.

I remember telling him I didn't want to think about him with someone else and he told me the same thing.

I'm scared of him forgetting me, I'm scared he'll be so caught up in the good in his life, that he won't remember what he had with me.

I'm scared I may not have a chance with him again in the future

Even though I know what's meant to be, it will be.

Life works itself out, and it moves on.

But I just need some guidance, how to stop thinking about him, how to stop wanting to check his social media, how to not think about the things that have popped up in my head that i wish i had in my head in our last car ride together.

How do I let go when i don't want to. How do I let go of someone I love so dearly, and knowing he feels the same way.

We both decided to stay friends too

Edited by deluges
LivingWaterPlease

Oh, deluges! So much of life ahead of you and yet, I can totally feel with you during and after reading your post how much you care for this young man!

There is nothing quite like young love!

Although he is moving surely there will come a day when he will want to see you again, or hear about what you've been doing! Why not use this time to throw yourself into doing the things you love that will build a solid future for you? You never know, it may be YOU who does big things with your talents, rather than him. Or, it could be both of you who do!

How rewarding it would be, if you don't see him for quite awhile and he discovers you have made an impact on your world!

• Author

He did tell me it wasn't like we weren't going to never speak again or see each other again so that makes me happy at that idea. He asked me if I'd come to one of his concerts if he get's famous and goes on tour :lmao::laugh: Definitely would, because i'd want to see his process.

I think I lost myself a bit during the relationship because i'm having a hard time finding myself again, but it has only been three days and that isn't enough time to let go quite yet. I don't know how long I should grieve for and i hate that it feels like it's never ending even though it won't be.

I just wish I could stop thinking about everything you know.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease
He did tell me it wasn't like we weren't going to never speak again or see each other again so that makes me happy at that idea. He asked me if I'd come to one of his concerts if he get's famous and goes on tour :lmao::laugh: Definitely would, because i'd want to see his process.

I think I lost myself a bit during the relationship because i'm having a hard time finding myself again, but it has only been three days and that isn't enough time to let go quite yet. I don't know how long I should grieve for and i hate that it feels like it's never ending even though it won't be.

I just wish I could stop thinking about everything you know.

Yes, I know. Most everyone experiences a heartbreak such as this before they grow up completely. I'm so sorry you're going through yours right now.

Just throw yourself into whatever your passions in life are, right now. Get busy and rock your world in whatever ways that will build a productive future for yourself that you can!

• Like 1