Ex girlfriend unfollows on instagram four months after break up?!

MashedPotatoes

MashedPotatoes

So, it's been 4 months since she broke up with me. It was an amicable break up. I did the whole needy, whiny, begging thing for a day or two, but have been NC for two months. We haven't had much contact...the birthday, merry xmas, happy new year text, that's pretty much it. No real conversations. Today, while looking on instagram I noticed that I had one fewer follower and lo and behold, my ex had unfollowed me...but didn't block me. Which I found a little odd seeing how I rarely post anything. I only have 3 posts TOTAL...two of them scenic pictures of Dodgers Stadium and DTLA, the 3rd a silly picture of me holding a mascots hand. Now, I'd totally understand if she had unfollowed and/or blocked immediately after the break up and/or if I'd been posting pictures of me with other girls. Why now though? And why doesn't she follow through and just block me on all other media platforms? I'd be lying if I said that I'm completely over and that a small part of me doesn't believe in a possible future reconciliation. I've been seeing someone for the past few weeks and things are going well. I was just surprised how unhurt I felt when I noticed that she'd unfollowed me. I was mostly just so damn curious. I believe I even let out a small chuckle.

I know she’s not seeing anyone through a mutual friend my ex and I talk to on a regular basis.

Anyways, what say you ladies? What are some possible reasons/motives?

Simply, she wants to move on. Your relationship is over and she doesn't want any reminders. Don't read more than that into her actions or it will drive you crazy.

• Like 1

She's moving on. Cutting ties as they say.

maybe the new guy asked why she had you on instagram?...if there is one thing I can tell you...almost all younger women have at least one guy on the go (If they're, hot probably 10ish), whether it be openly or just in the DM's for chatting with.

I cannot tell you how many times I've been chatting with a chick only to wake up the next morning to find they have posted "in a relationship" on their social media...the conversations immediately stop, may even get removed from their social media if they're worried about you commenting on things.

What Im trying to say is, all those little merry xmas, hope your doing well texts were like smaller and smaller doses of a drug to help wean her off....long story short....it sounds like she gawn!!