Over my ex - it's a miracle!

Fishforbreakfast

Fishforbreakfast

I used to read this forum so much In hope of seeing ppl get over there ex, it was 6 months and I was still crying every day and not eating and having suicidal thoughts just because I just couldn't think of a life without him in it, i was doing everything to get better but nothing would work, eventualllt much to my resistance I got prescribed antidepressants which stopped the crying everyday but I still felt sad, I'm off them now. I can say that I am finally over my ex but what it took was meeting someone new (cliche) (we are not together now) but it seemed to have worked. When I met the new guy all I could think is "your not my ex" and I was resentful to him for it (I know it's terrible) I even had to stop myself from crying when we slept together because I was still thinking "your not him" anyway I was very resistant to him then he gave up on me, and i realised I was missing him now (not my ex hooray!) I never thought it would happen. I'm still miserable because I stuffed up what could have been amazing but also glad I'm finally over my ex and hopefully if I meet someone else I will be 100% ready. I did what I thought was impossible, i think it's true people are either a blessing or a lesson.

Frostedflake

It's dangerous to give a new relationship or person reign over your healing process. It doesn't work out, then what? Now you resent dating and catergorize people in wholes.

Until you can be alone with yourself and not rely on distractions, I don't believe you are healed.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a miracle! All it took was to waste someone else's time and energy.

Sorry if I'm being too rough, but I do not approve of this. You should not have started dating other guys until you were fully recovered. This guy is probably upset now... I'm saying this because there was a girl who was chasing me after she broke with her abusive ex, and she did nothing but to make things far more complicated.

Anyway, I hope you've learned something about this experience.

• Like 2
  • Author
Fishforbreakfast
Yeah, it's a miracle! All it took was to waste someone else's time and energy.

Sorry if I'm being too rough, but I do not approve of this. You should not have started dating other guys until you were fully recovered. This guy is probably upset now... I'm saying this because there was a girl who was chasing me after she broke with her abusive ex, and she did nothing but to make things far more complicated.

Anyway, I hope you've learned something about this experience.

? I did make things far to complicated with the new guy but in the end I feel like I'm the one who is suffering more because I self sabotaged it. I thought 8 months I can't keep waiting to be "over it" life is short and this guy was lovely, I'm not at all proud of the way I was to him but i have learnt so much and will

Never ever be like that to someone again..

• Author
Fishforbreakfast
It's dangerous to give a new relationship or person reign over your healing process. It doesn't work out, then what? Now you resent dating and catergorize people in wholes.

Until you can be alone with yourself and not rely on distractions, I don't believe you are healed.

I don't resent him or people as whole, I resent myself. I learnt I'm the problem more then I thought I was, I seemed to blame everyone else but then I noticed the same problems happened three times in a row, if it didn't take losing this guy I don't think I would of realised

I'm glad you're not feeling as low as you were, I remember how that feels, although now it is a distant memory.

I am 3 month short of 3 years post break up and can say apart from the fact I'm not as rich as I would like to be, I am REALLY happy and content.

In that time I have not dated and I think there is something to be said for the feeling of being content alone. I have noticed a different type of person is attracted to you and although I am not interested, it's flattering.

A lot of people want what I have-total peace of mind.

Spending your time not thinking about dating might be beneficial for a while. I am still learning lots about myself in my singledom.

• Author
Fishforbreakfast
I'm glad you're not feeling as low as you were, I remember how that feels, although now it is a distant memory.

I am 3 month short of 3 years post break up and can say apart from the fact I'm not as rich as I would like to be, I am REALLY happy and content.

In that time I have not dated and I think there is something to be said for the feeling of being content alone. I have noticed a different type of person is attracted to you and although I am not interested, it's flattering.

A lot of people want what I have-total peace of mind.

Spending your time not thinking about dating might be beneficial for a while. I am still learning lots about myself in my singledom.

That is truly great that you are content in not dating and happy to be alone. I can't say the same for myself, I really love to share experiences with someone.

I took a long break from dating after my breakup but now feel ready again!

Based on your other thread, it seems like you've just sorta taken the emotions lamenting your last relationship and transferred them to this new person.

The way I know I'm definitely over an ex is to feel like it without having a new potential romantic interest in the picture.

• Like 1
  • Author
Fishforbreakfast
Based on your other thread, it seems like you've just sorta taken the emotions lamenting your last relationship and transferred them to this new person.

The way I know I'm definitely over an ex is to feel like it without having a new potential romantic interest in the picture.

Oh your right it does feel like that... I don't know if it's normal to be so devasted over someone I only went out on 5 dates with but he seemed like a catch I didn't realise til he had enough, I still feel same feelings but yeh just a different subject, ah... ?