I thought i was finally over it but then a setback.

LOSINGHOPE113

LOSINGHOPE113

So finally this time last week i woke up did my normal morning routine and didn't think about her! now that's incredible for me because for 7 months she was the first thing on my mind when i woke up and then a constant during the day. when i realised about an hour after i got up i couldn't believe it and i didn't start thinking about her either i just thought oh theres no point anymore and stopped! people have told me that a day like this would come that something would just click and i cant believe it actually happened, this happened for just under a week, i thought that was it i thought i was over her, i stopped idealising her, i took her off of the huge pedestal i had put her on and took off my rose tinted glasses about the relationship. i actually saw it for what it all was FAKE because in reality it was and i even knew it while i was with her. i even told my closest friends that i was over her that im not even thinking about her anymore, and when i did think about her i get this weird feeling like it didnt even matter anymore i honestly thought i was finally over her and could move on with my life. i even looked on her instagram to test myself, i saw recent photos of her and i wasn't even bothered in the slightest from things i saw, my reaction was kind of like who even is she.

fast forward to this morning, i was woken up mid dream by my alarm, the dream was about her and it was ever so real, its set me back, i've thought about her all day, shes back on that pedestal and my rose tinted glasses are firmly on. i cant believe i went almost a week of being "over it" and not even thinking about her and now im here writing this because i feel like i've taken 6 steps back, i was on top of the world and now i've been knocked down.

Is this normal? has anyone else had an experience like this before where you honestly think your over it but then you have a setback??

thank you.

Littlebird95

I can totally relate to you! She broke up 5 months ago. Took me quite awhile to be good, but after a solid 2-3 months, I was able to analyze the whole relationship and see that i was doing so much better without her and her lies/drama. I was able to do the same as you, take her off the pedestal. I could even see her instagram post and laugh at it because she clearly hasnt work on her confidence as she constantly posts things to get social approval. (I know she has poor self-esteem, and she deletes posts that doesnt get much likes LOL)

I never dream in life, but few weeks ago I started having dreams. Everytime those dreams are about her. i feel like all the porgress I made during the previous months are gone. I started back to idealising her and asking ''whats ifs we both changed''. Now if she posts somethings on instagram, I feel kinda weird.

I dont know why we are in this spot. If only we could get answer on how can we set back so easily and how to resolve that, cause I know it sucks.

So to answer your question, I guess it is normal as we both share the same experience.