broke down and called

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago. I was devestated. I couldnt stop crying, I cried every single day, for 3 weeks, non stop. This guy, Andrew was amazing. He made me smile everytime we talked, and he made me feel so special.

Seeing him for 1 second made my day so much happier, I never thought I could have loved a guy so much. He told me he loved me so much and he would never hurt me, which he ended up doing.

Now he doesnt even wanna be friends, which is really killing me inside. I didnt do anything to him to make him hate me. So why does he? Well yesterday I broke down and called him, and nothing changed. I feel like such an as* for calling him. I guess inside im hoping he'll change his mind.

Im so sick of waiting by the phone for his call, and everytime the phone rings im thinking its him, but it never is. I really tried so hard to get over him, but I cant. If I had 1 wish it wouldnt be to go back out with him, it would be for us to be best friends again.

Inside I know if we ever become friends again, it wont be the same. We use to be able to talk on the phone 10 hours straight and never run out of things to say, we had a special bond, and he ruined it.

ConfusedInOC

Time to implement NO CONTACT so you can move on with your life.

There are two guides to NO CONTACT in my signature file. It would help you a lot to read them both and then decide what you want to do.

Once someone walks out of your life, LET THEM....never try and keep someone in your life that doesn't want to be there.

Fallen_Angel

I wish I had the magic words to make you feel better. I know what you're going through. I can't comprehend why guys say things like "I'd never hurt you" and then turn around and do it anyway...it's like a slap in the face.

It's hard to not dial those numbers, but it's what you have to do. Know that each time you resist the urge, you become a little stronger. Don't allow him to know how badly you're feeling.

I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing, but I know it's next to impossible to reclaim a friendship after being involved romantically. I was able to do so with one of my close guy friends, but we didn't date very long anyhow and it took me a long time to get over my feelings.

I don't know how I could expect to be friends with the guy who just broke up with me. I also expect him on the other end of the line whenever I hear the phone ring. COC is definitely right...you're not going to heal if you keep trying to contact him.