The ultimate guide to move on?

So I realize many of the threads here are about breakups, but very few talk about moving on. How do you exactly move on? Especially after you got dump by your ex and is still confused about how to feel towards them. Any steps dumpees like me can follow? I understand there is no such thing as winning the breakup, but how can we at least use it as motivation to move on? Knowing that our ex didn't dump us on purpose?

It's hard to hate them since dumpees usually put their exes on a pedestal, even when others told us not to, but for the past few months, I've been blaming myself for every darn small mistake I made. I lived miserably, can't sleep at night, so what should I do?

Any advice helps. Reply below or PM me. Thanks guys.

Edited by pat0201

Write down a list of goals you want to accomplish that don't involve your ex.

There is no quick fix to a broken heart, or to move on. They always linger in the back of our minds. But find stuff you enjoy doing. It it's a group activity, ask your buddies to come hang out and do something. It's not a lie that you should also try to look better. Look better = feel better.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

write lists of things you want to do need to do and will do .....set small daily goals.....dotn aim for the peak of moving on..just take one step one day.....one goal ....a week maybe....little ones....like visiting or rekindlign afriendship you hav eneglected ....i reconnected with an old gf i have nto talked to in a while and we made some plans to do something together...adn im happy i reached out to her..im excited we are havingour first ever pedi done..hers and mine..we have never done a pedi before it might seem small...but its soemthing i have wanted to do.....reconnect and treat time together....im also goign for my license...which i have been saying for years.........i wish you well..small steps......deb

In my recent break up last weekend I have learned that what made the break up so hard for me, is that I realized I have to live and do everything on my own. Although I've always been independent, being in a relationship and investing emotions in someone, somehow made me rely on that other person a bit.

So what I'm doing now is write down my goals every day and I try to focus on the only thing that matters: my personal life, building my network, my career. I'm doing everything I can to feel great again.

• Like 1
  • Author
In my recent break up last weekend I have learned that what made the break up so hard for me, is that I realized I have to live and do everything on my own. Although I've always been independent, being in a relationship and investing emotions in someone, somehow made me rely on that other person a bit.

So what I'm doing now is write down my goals every day and I try to focus on the only thing that matters: my personal life, building my network, my career. I'm doing everything I can to feel great again.

You know my ex told my friend that she's actually blocking me to help me move on. But it actually made it harder for me since I put her on the pedestal every time, and it's hard hating her if she's acting like that. I don't know what to feel about her anymore, and that's why I can't move on.

airborne3502
for the past few months, I've been blaming myself for every darn small mistake I made. I lived miserably, can't sleep at night, so what should I do?

First of all, let yourself off the hook. Breakups are like car crashes in that it usually takes both parties doing something stupid for an accident to happen.

Secondly, you have to let her go.

Think of it as a death and let it all out. I was in a relationship that was going perfectly, and then "poof" it was over. Just like that. It hurt like holy hell, but I made it out the other side of the tunnel.

You will too.

Unfortunately, there's no fast forward button for getting there.

• Like 1